Remix OS
Looking forward to the next build.  Remix is something I've been looking at with considerable intrest
Is the latest build of remix OS running smoothly on PINE64 2gb version?

I used the 0415 version previously and it is quite lag.
(07-17-2016, 09:44 PM)beh0211 Wrote: Is the latest build of remix OS running smoothly on PINE64 2gb version?

I used the 0415 version previously and it is quite lag.

New build just release
i finally got around to playing with my Pine 2gb Iot package.

I am running the samsung 64g evo+ sd card with the latest version of remix.

I got everything installed and it booted up the first time with no issues so I began playing around.

Issues:

Internet connection drops in and out or is super slow/laggy whether I am on ethernet or wireless. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my network. So this is frustrating. I managed to get google chrome up and running and my account logged in. I was even able to do some web browsing. I cant for the life of me get the Pine to connect to the google play store, although i have managed to get to the initial screen a few times, all others I am getting the "check your connection and try again" message. very frustrating. In my remixOS settings I am showing that my connection is active so im scratching my head.

With ethernet off and wifi on, my signal drops in and out randomly

My usb mouse and keyboard work just fine although the mouse is super laggy.

Overall the entire OS seems unstable and laggy.

Power supply is 5v 2.1A with a good sized usb cable.

I am late to the party here and I have no read through this thread as I am going to now. I just wanted to let others know issues I am having.

Thanks
(09-15-2016, 10:44 PM)Fbgm54 Wrote: Internet connection drops in and out or is super slow/laggy whether I am on ethernet or wireless.  I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my network.  So this is frustrating. 

If you wish to use your pine board as a computer, please use either debian mate, ubuntu mate, or armbian. If you wish to use your pine board for video, please use Android. You might be willing to try ayufan's new Android 7 build;  seems to be very good.

Remix is not the best, and at the best your are probably going to be frustrated with it; IMHO.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-15-2016, 11:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 10:44 PM)Fbgm54 Wrote: Internet connection drops in and out or is super slow/laggy whether I am on ethernet or wireless.  I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my network.  So this is frustrating. 

If you wish to use your pine board as a computer, please use either debian mate, ubuntu mate, or armbian. If you wish to use your pine board for video, please use Android. You might be willing to try ayufan's new Android 7 build;  seems to be very good.

Remix is not the best, and at the best your are probably going to be frustrated with it; IMHO.

thank you for this info. I will def look into it.  

On a Brighter note I am currently in the google play store and downloading Netflix app as we speak. 

I went in and assigned a static IP to the ethernet Mac of the Pine, while leaving the wifi alone.  I have both the ethernet and wifi functions of the Pine in Remix turned on.  

All is well now!
Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while.

Is there an update for Remix Os in the plan?

For my pine64 use, Remix OS works out better than Android or Linux images. Would be great if someone could share news about this.
Wondering the same thing.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
I don't think that this will happen, as RemixOS for some reason has closed source so there's no one that can prepare it an community image of that.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
Maybe TLlim can get some word from Remix?
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sourround sound - Remix MrSarkasmus 0 2,856 10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: MrSarkasmus
Star Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160718 tllim 25 44,206 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Idemdesign
  Remix os os 64bits ?? Matroxplay 1 4,297 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
Question Nginx proxy on Remix OS -- possible? mitchmitchell 1 4,762 05-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Question Remix OS 2.0 [20170105] Waaaa??? veronicasmithen03 1 4,699 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  REMix OS Boots and then blank Screen Michaelrowe01 6 19,399 04-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Stuck at Remix OS logo leongzhi 9 24,551 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Michaelrowe01
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,904 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  Guest Account in Remix OS cannot Get Internet Connection deniyulianti 1 4,291 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  No microphone input in Remix xtcrefugee 3 10,396 08-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jkmooney