failed to read who am i
Bug 
Was delivered today, so far not so good, plagued with intermittent issues,  

Half the start ups end with this

[Image: d6881f759c71e6c92dabde7025738a8ffea7cf3f.jpeg]

lots of times the content is compacted into half the screen, many boxes extend beyond the screen, did get a new phone number on a TP sim,

first couple of calls out would not hang up, calls do come in, when it remains working, I've let it sit and when picked it back up a no modem message was on the screen, 

Other small annoyances as well

Trying to access what OS is looking the best from here, difficult to gauge so far

any tips appreciated no plans to give up yet  Cool
Seems your phone is having an existential crisis.  Smile

I hope you appreciate the attempt at levity, until someone else can come along with a more helpful answer.

And jokes aside, sorry to hear you're having issues right out of the gate.  I hope it has not dampened your excitement for your new PinePhone too much.

Have you tried flashing another OS?  If you have some spare SD card laying around[0], you can do so without even disturbing whatever is on the eMMC.

[0] And you probably should, once you start to play around with these devices, and SBCs, etc...
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I've seen this message on mine at shut down since yesterday - but it's so brief I can barely read it - it says something about "who am i".
(06-04-2021, 07:14 AM)mudflap Wrote: I've seen this message on mine at shut down since yesterday - but it's so brief I can barely read it - it says something about "who am i".

Did an update today through the console rather than UI and MANY improvements, phone was scratchy as could be but still tons better overall  Big Grin

(06-03-2021, 08:41 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: Have you tried flashing another OS?  

Put a lot of time in today trying to do that before I found the new updates, no go,

I burned Ubuntu and got a momentary boot , couple of attempts and lots of waiting, gave up
Tried the jumpdrive and my windows 7 wouldn't recognize the USB for it, couldn't fix that either

Tried to run etcher on my wife's new PinePRO and it wouldn't run the app

not a well spent day but...

Is what it is
Many improvements but not out of the woods yet, still ended up with a half screen display a couple times, 81% battery at bed and 4% critical alert when I got up,
that's not a mystery, you can hear this thing running, not to the degree of a desktop but it is audible, clearly it uses juice and I'll be tethered to a power supply

Modem and internet had disconnected during the night,

Does anyone know how to reconnect the modem short of a restart?
(06-05-2021, 05:55 AM)KABA Wrote: Does anyone know how to reconnect the modem short of a restart?

I am guessing there is probably some way to restart the modem service/daemon?
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Code:
sudo systemctl restart eg25-manager
It takes 30+ seconds for the modem to reboot.
Kek...
https://old.reddit.com/r/dontyouknowwhoiam/
(06-21-2021, 06:23 PM)8bit Wrote:
Code:

Thanks for that! Now that I am actually using my PinePhone daily, I did notice the modem just seems to drop out some times. So this will be very helpful.

I can't help but wonder though if actually rebooting might be faster? It seems maybe, but I guess I would need to actually time it.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

(07-06-2021, 09:32 AM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 06:23 PM)8bit Wrote:
Code:

Thanks for that!  Now that I am actually using my PinePhone daily, I did notice the modem just seems to drop out some times.  So this will be very helpful.

I can't help but wonder though if actually rebooting might be faster?  It seems maybe, but I guess I would need to actually time it.
I have to do this also from time to time and noticed that I have to restart eg25-manager twice to make the modem come back up (on Manjaro Phosh unstable). After the second restart it takes always 17 seconds. I put this in a script with 2 seconds of sleep in between the restarts, so overall it takes about 20 seconds which feels faster then rebooting the phone and potentially reopening other apps.