$1.7 Million
(06-19-2016, 07:45 AM)martinayotte Wrote: Maybe donate it to children/students community ...

Good suggestion, I'll see what my local options are.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
(06-18-2016, 08:52 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: it may just be me... but the way I view the kick-starter funding thing is that I want to see them succeed. To succeed they need venture capitalists that are willing to take a risk and support a great idea; that's what several of us have done. ... $1.7 million of us...

... the return on investment is a piece of the pie at some point. If you can't afford to be an investor , well, don't invest. If you invest , well, be patient. But it doesn't help the project to ask for a refund (especially if they're already struggling a bit) and it doesn't help to scream at them either; they're people first, technologists and engineers second, and business people last.  Sometimes the hardest part of something like this is the business side; they'll get it figured out, and eventually all of this will be behind them, and you'll have your board, and everything will be good.

If you really want to help, keep investing; purchase stuff through the store... tell your friends about the PineA64 and get your community involved in understanding what is going on with these iddy bitty machines (super computers on an index card ! )

Mark is correct on this one.  

Anyone using KS need to read their mission statement again.  #1 mission:  Kickstarter will create tools and resources that help people bring their creative projects to life, and that connect people around creative projects and the creative process.Their mission isn't the selling of the products, but every kickstarter supporter made a pledge.  And right now anyone complaining that a KS campaign isn't living up to our expectation of some corporate standard, is not only being disingenuous, but very hypocritical.  True kickstarters are cheering the team on, not kicking them when their down. We don't bury our heads in the sand but provide constructive feedback, and keep them informed of areas we expect them to improve in. 

Perhaps a dialog like:

As backer #737 I would have been delighted to receive my board in December 2015.  I understood if I had selected a 1GB board would be cheaper and I might have already received it, but RPI and other boards were already at 1GB,  to release my creative ability I needed a board with 2GB and at the current rate that wouldn't happen for at least another year.  I felt if I backed pine64 that it would signal world that the creative community wanted a better sbc platforms at the sub $30 price point.  So 1/2 year later I don't have a board, but I feel my main purpose for backing the project has been realized.  It is equally important that the boards is delivered in a timely fashion as it is platform that will be used to allow others to "bring their creative projects to life". So I know the Pine64 team is busy delivering or attempting to deliver 100's or 1000's of boards, but do keep us involved in the "creative process".   I am sure a fly on the wall could find enough content to post an update at least once a week?  I am the group of supporters perhaps knows a better way of communicating shipping status better than email. 

Anyway at the rate we are going I fear we will end up destroying the great platform KS can be if we push it to become too commercially orientated.
I have spent a lot of money on many kickstarters and this one is actually not doing too bad. They are delivering pretty close to their original delivery date and the product works. I have had kickstarters run 3 years behind and I even have at least one that I dont think is going to deliver - ever. Yes, there are problems and issues but this is to be expected for a young company first starting out. I think the kickstarter was way more popular than they had imagined and although this may seem like a good thing it causes logistics issues that need to be dealt with. A project of this size and complexity is difficult to see to completion and Pine has done a good job. As stated earlier, KS is not a store. By investing in a KS you are investing in a new project and company, trying to see something interesting to fruition. The boards are getting out to people and problems are getting ironed out. Have some patience, issues are being worked on and resolved but it could take some time.
(06-21-2016, 09:56 AM)daveculp Wrote: I have spent a lot of money on many kickstarters and this one is actually not doing too bad.   They are delivering pretty close to their original delivery date and the product works.  I have had kickstarters run 3 years behind and  I even have at least one that I dont think is going to deliver - ever.   Yes, there are problems and issues but this is to be expected for a young company first starting out.    I think the kickstarter was way more popular than they had imagined and although this may seem like a good thing it causes logistics issues that need to be dealt with.  A project of this size and complexity is difficult to see to completion and Pine has done a good job.  As stated earlier, KS is not a store.  By investing in a KS you are investing in a new project and company, trying to see something interesting to fruition.  The boards are getting out to people and problems are getting ironed out.  Have some patience, issues are being worked on and resolved but it could take some time.

Appreciate and thanks on your encouragement.
... TL
I have no problem with Kickstarter. I made no complaint about Kickstarter. I have a problem with PINE A64, the company that told me my product shipped on 5/27 with a 14 day estimate, gave me tracking info that has only ever said "pending" or "expired", and has yet to respond to my email about it (13 days and counting). This company took $1.7 Million from people and decided that establishing a proper line of communication with the people who funded them was not a priority.

I'm very impressed that some of you are such a big kickstarter investors and have the money to casually throw away on crowd funding with no expect of return, but I don't. I invested in a product I wanted to see funded WITH THE PROMISE OF A RETURN, a promise that is nearly 4 months overdue. You can make all the excuses you want, but I call that poor business management.
(06-21-2016, 03:55 PM)mesaxi Wrote: I have no problem with Kickstarter. I made no complaint about Kickstarter. I have a problem with PINE A64, the company that told me my product shipped on 5/27 with a 14 day estimate, gave me tracking info that has only ever said "pending" or "expired", and has yet to respond to my email about it (13 days and counting). This company took $1.7 Million from people and decided that establishing a proper line of communication with the people who funded them was not a priority.

I'm very impressed that some of you are such a big kickstarter investors and have the money to casually throw away on crowd funding with no expect of return, but I don't. I invested in a product I wanted to see funded WITH THE PROMISE OF A RETURN, a promise that is nearly 4 months overdue. You can make all the excuses you want, but I call that poor business management.

They have address the May 27th issue and state they are working on it. The KS is a few months late but they are shipping and they are fulfilling orders, it just takes time. I consider any KS that delivers within 6 months to be "on time". I never believe a creators deliver estimate, around 84% of Kicksatrters deliver late and 9% never deliver. In reality, this KS has been relatively smooth and well run compared to many.

Have patience, your boards are coming.
(06-21-2016, 04:07 PM)daveculp Wrote: They have address the May 27th issue and state they are working on it.

14 days ago they said that. Still no info from the tracking site, still no response to my email (15 days), still nothing. Doesn't sound like they're working on shit to me. $1.7 Million and they can't seem to find water falling out of a boat. I've worked in logistics my entire adult life, it isn't that hard to do it right. These people are clearly cutting costs instead of putting money into customer service. That is if they didn't just take the money and run.
(06-24-2016, 10:44 AM)mesaxi Wrote: That is if they didn't just take the money and run.

Obviously they didn't just take the money and run. Boards are shipping out, people are getting them and they are working. In addition they are here in these forums trying to help people locate shipments. This would be odd behavior for a company that wanted to "take the money and run."

Maybe I have more patience than most, maybe I am just used to Kickstarters always delivering late and having problems but I just don't understand the impatience from people. Pine is a young company undergoing the pains of a massively popular Kickstarter. I dont think they were prepared for how popular the Kickstarter turned out to be. Dealing with 38,000+ orders from the Kickstarter alone is probably a nightmare. I am sure they are learning a lot from this experience and will apply the lessons learned to future endeavors.
(06-21-2016, 04:07 PM)daveculp Wrote: They have address the May 27th issue and state they are working on it.

What about the other issues? Some of us have been trying to get information out of Pine since way before May 27th.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
(06-25-2016, 11:47 AM)RichT Wrote:

What about the other issues? Some of us have been trying to get information out of Pine since way before May 27th.
I have posted on another thread that your shipment has resume two days ago, here is the aftership tracking status:

[Image: china-ems.svg]
[/url]China EMS
[url=tel:+86%2020%2011183]+86 20 11183
In Transit
  • Jun 24, 2016
    08:14 am
    Leaving parcel center, to GBLALAChina EMS
    深圳市
  • Jun 23, 2016
    11:22 pm
    Arrive parcel processing center, from Shenzhen (China)车公庙中心营业部China EMS
    深圳市