what if problem cant be solved
My keyboard is misaligned. nobody seems to know how to fix it including pine64 now that its out of warranty. so now I have a 150 dollar paper weight. As far as i know, nobody can service the pinephone. So now i'm in a creek without a paddle.
Could you, please, explain a bit further the actual issue you're experiencing?
What do you mean by "keyboard is misaligned"?
Try booting up a different OS from SD card, and see if it's correctly aligned?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
For some reason when I press the number one I get a two the letter q I get a w. To fix this problem I have installed three different os's. They all do the same. I need the one to sign into my wifi. I suspect I have a virus in my firmware but I'm not a tech guy so I don't know how to fix it.
There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.
Quote:For some reason when I press the number one I get a two the letter q I get a w. To fix this problem I have installed three different os's. They all do the same. I need the one to sign into my wifi. I suspect I have a virus in my firmware but I'm not a tech guy so I don't know how to fix it.
It may sound silly to be asked, but do you sometimes get the proper letters by pressing more to the left?
(06-05-2021, 04:01 PM)dsimic Wrote: There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.
I tried the factory test. the whole left side was unresponsive. I there a fix for this or is the phone toast?
(06-07-2021, 11:09 AM)rvh Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 04:01 PM)dsimic Wrote: There's no "hidden" firmware in the PinePhone, so you shouldn't be worried about some firmware "viruses" and such stuff.  Could the touchscreen digitizer on your PinePhone be defective?  I'd suggest that you boot the factory test image and use it to test out the digitizer on your PinePhone.

I tried the factory test. the whole left side was unresponsive. I there a fix for this or is the phone toast?

Based on that, it's safe to conclude that the touchscreen digitizer is defective.  I'd suggest that you open a ticket with the Pine64 support, and ask them for an advice; they might offer to send you a replacement screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Mobile, via T-Mobile, won't support Pinephone Pro - SOLVED, SIMPLY jovval 10 2,976 07-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jovval
  Boot problem: wrong screen orientation Jetpac 6 3,651 07-18-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: fravoi
  gnome-online-accounts won't sign in to google account [SOLVED] pjsf 0 1,116 04-27-2022, 07:32 PM
Last Post: pjsf
Sad [Solved] My phone won't boot with SD card inserted AKD251 4 3,383 11-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: AKD251
  Problem with incoming calls (w/o ModemManager/Ofono) jlucas 10 7,370 08-09-2021, 05:38 PM
Last Post: mouffa
  Importing vcf, country prefix problem workaround p1trson 3 4,294 12-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: cybercow
  First Time Password 123456 does not work (SOLVED) OggieDoggie 0 1,688 11-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Last Post: OggieDoggie
  Problem With Headphones Joelandsonja 0 1,475 07-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Joelandsonja
  PinePhone RTL8723CS automatic test fail and WiFi problem surfingtux 4 5,579 02-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: surfingtux