mobile data on mobian not working
Hello.  I've been using my pinephone for a week trying out different operating systems.  Mobian seems like the most stable for now but ubuntu touch seems a lot smoother when it does work.  I'm having one big issue with mobian.  The cellular data is not working.  I can make calls and send texts. 4g seems to be on in the settings.  I'm on at&t in america.  Mobile internet DOES work in ubuntu touch, but phone calls and texting do not.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?  Please and thank you.
You could try different APNs and see if data works. I've been hearing a lot of people having trouble with AT&T however. Infact I had some problems with it too, which is why I switched to T-Mobile.
I also have a problem with at&t  prepaid service.
In Firefox I discovered I am connecting But at&t is Blocking me at their portal saying my account does not include Data !
  I DO HAVE DATA ON MY ACCOUNT.

Using PureTalk, an AT&T MVNO (reseller) the data works fine.
And it is Much Cheaper.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(06-02-2021, 01:20 PM)synaption Wrote: Hello.  I've been using my pinephone for a week trying out different operating systems.  Mobian seems like the most stable for now but ubuntu touch seems a lot smoother when it does work.  I'm having one big issue with mobian.  The cellular data is not working.  I can make calls and send texts. 4g seems to be on in the settings.  I'm on at&t in america.  Mobile internet DOES work in ubuntu touch, but phone calls and texting do not.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?  Please and thank you.

If calls and texts are working, it sounds like an APN issue.

If data is working but calls and texts are not, it sounds like a VoLTE incompatibility issue but could also be an APN issue.

It could also be that you've run afoul of AT&T's device whitelist somehow.  They have been the most aggressive carrier as far as purging 2G/3G devices.
Two APN settings that have worked with H2O (AT&T MVNO) for me in the recent past are

H2O APN
prodata

and

att.mvno

I'm now running the US Mobile "white" SIM card (T-Mobile network). It's not quite as cheap as H2O but it's the only service I've found that works at my rural home.

APN settings for the US Mobile white SIM card are the following, BTW:

US Mobile
pwg
T-mobile user here as well from the USA. Sometimes I get my cellular mobile data disconnected and I have to restart my phone to get it working again.
I use Tracfone on the AT&T system in the USA and I just have to setup a new APN with "RESELLER" and it works.

Per the wiki is suggests using 'phone' or 'NXTGENPHONE'
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=..._.28USA.29
NXTGENPHONE is for AT&T PrePaid > > (My daily driver is on this)

while RESELLER works with several of the MVNO's of AT&T > > (my test phones are on this)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Though I am wondering about Mobian's ability to 'hot spot' I have used it in the past, BUT, I cannot get hot spot to work NOW..?

Data does work just fine on the phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
August 28, 2021 :

*  I spent 2+ hours today talking to a AT&T rep. on the phone,  after they "reset" some stuff  "on their end"  my AT&T PrePaid service now has working data
    AND  HOT SPOT !

So that was NOT a MOBIAN fault.

On another carrier issue :
I also spent some time on the phone talking to a rep. at Pure Talk today,  they had to reset-up at their end,  so my data,  now again includes hot spot.

Not sure why,  as when I started using PureTalk early this year on some of my "test phones",  the hot spot did work.
  But their  "on phone data"  has worked the whole time.

SO  some problems are not the fault of the Pine phone,  or it's operating systems.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  Mobile internet via cellular network mostly not working Anna 18 9,717 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM
Exclamation The internal speaker stops working anonymous 6 813 01-17-2024, 05:53 PM
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,712 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,687 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 581 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton