SimCard on second Boot not detected
Hello,
I wanted to try the OS and I am positively surprised how well it runs.
Unfortunately, my sim card was only recognized on the 1st boot.
Mobile data, SMS and calls went smoothly.
On the 2nd reboot, the sim card was no longer recognized.
However, it still works. Tested in another smartphone.
How to get the problem solved ?
My version is 4.0.1.48.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Greetings
Steffen
So, I have made a complete reinstallation with the script flash-it.
now the sim card works of course.
So I hope that I never run out of battery or I have to restart the smartphone :-)
Are you sure, that it is not recognized? Maybe just the corresponding menu items are missing Smile

I remember that I specially unlocked the sim and after the initial setup I was able to send and receive SMS but could not make or receive a call. In the Setup, the mobile connection item was present.
After the reboot my operator name was missing in the upper info field and in the Setup the corresponding menu item for mobile connection was also missing. However, using the Phone app I was able to make a call (wasn't able to use country code), recieve a call and with Messages app send/receive SMS. Was not able to switch on the mobile data connection.
And yes - SailfishOS is the most smooth and freshlooking mobile operating system Smile
(06-01-2021, 07:56 AM)OhneZ Wrote: So, I have made a complete reinstallation with the script flash-it.
now the sim card works of course.
So I hope that I never run out of battery or I have to restart the smartphone :-)
I remember having issues with charging my PinePhone on Sailfish so probably double check that. It simply wouldn't charge so I thought maybe it was my phone or charger but booted into a different OS and it worked just fine there so I think the issue was Sailfish specific.
(06-01-2021, 08:16 AM)acrux Wrote: Are you sure, that it is not recognized? Maybe just the corresponding menu items are missing Smile

I remember that I specially unlocked the sim and the after the initial setup I was able to send and receive SMS but could not make or receive a call. In the Setup, the mobile connection item was present.
After the reboot my operator name was missing in the upper info field and in the Setup the corresponding menu item for mobile connection was also missing. However, using the Phone app I was able to make a call (wasn't able to use country code), recieve a call and with Messages app send/receive SMS. Was not able to switch on the mobile data connection.
And yes - SailfishOS is the most smooth and freshlooking mobile operating system Smile

Yes that's right. The icons disappear and come back after various restarts. As long as the icons are gone, there are no settings. Should I report this as a bug? and if so where do I report it?
(06-02-2021, 04:33 AM)OhneZ Wrote: Should I report this as a bug? and if so where do I report it?
Maybe here:
https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevi...vil/issues
Generic procedure reporting SailfishOS issues:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Collaborativ...ing_issues
BTW, did you install qtscenegraph-adaptation package as recommended here:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid91874

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SIM Not Detected syrinx 3 4,772 11-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg