micro SD cards -- actual size vs. claims
(06-22-2016, 12:36 AM)NexusDude Wrote: Resizing a partition is NOT easy from within Android or RemixOS. I'm not sure it's even possible. (I'm dying to know, if anyone knows how.)

Someone could declutter the Wiki page by simply offering the 8GB version, and putting 16GB+ versions on other pages, via a link.
It'd sure be nice to offer more torrents, too.

I don't claim to know exactly how to craft the script to do such a thing, but why not not package the smallest image size possible for the linux-based scripts, and have them run the resize script on the first boot of that image? I have seen it done elsewhere... not sure if it was for an official raspberry pi distro or a 3rd party one like adafruit offers. Or even some consideration of make in setup menu like the one they offer there, so all the beginner users have a one-stop shop for all the fiddly bits. Just an idea to think about later down the path...

Messages In This Thread
RE: micro SD cards -- actual size vs. claims - by pfeerick - 06-22-2016, 02:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backer Kits offered imaged Sd cards? jayare69@pacbell.net 1 2,693 07-02-2016, 04:19 AM
Last Post: bonterra
  Swap out cards with multiple OSs? BeerSnob 1 3,113 06-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Last Post: jl_678
Question Shirt size chart carlosviansi 2 3,792 03-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: carlosviansi