Daily alarms?
As far as I can see there is no function for daily alarms, yet, is that correct?

Will there be a daily alarm function? Is it already in development?

I would like to see a daily alarm function that can handle an unlimited number of daily alarms (in contrast to conventional watches) and that doesn't need permanent BT connection to a smartphone or whatever.

I also think about that the PineTime could store calendary events on it's own so that it can remind the user of upcoming events. The event's would have to be synchronized with a companion device so that the PineTime can remind of events without beeing permanently connected via BT. I write this in this "daily alarms" thread because both functions may have intersections and could possibly be developed together.
(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)atleastitried Wrote: As far as I can see there is no function for daily alarms, yet, is that correct?

Correct. All the example code you could want seems to be there though (timers, tasks, etc).

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)atleastitried Wrote: Will there be a daily alarm function? Is it already in development?

I believe there was some initial work done with a student. If I recall correctly @lupyen was involved with guiding them. There should be a code branch out there that could be worked on.

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)atleastitried Wrote: I would like to see a daily alarm function that can handle an unlimited number of daily alarms (in contrast to conventional watches) and that doesn't need permanent BT connection to a smartphone or whatever.

You wouldn't get unlimited alarms (due to RAM), but some reasonable number of alarms could be achieved.

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)atleastitried Wrote: I also think about that the PineTime could store calendary events on it's own so that it can remind the user of upcoming events. The event's would have to be synchronized with a companion device so that the PineTime can remind of events without beeing permanently connected via BT. I write this in this "daily alarms" thread because both functions may have intersections and could possibly be developed together.

A calendar functionality would require events to be stored on flash memory, something I'm not sure that can really be achieved right now (otherwise historic HR would likely be stored). The best way currently would be to use the phone's notification system.

In the future I would like to see the smart watch have WiFi and a slightly more capable processor, that would really open up some doors for this device. But currently there are no plans for such a thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime suitable for wake-up alarms? hadfg 2 3,039 08-07-2021, 10:25 PM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK