Terminal/bash suddenly stops inputting characters?
Hello,

I have an up to date manjaro-arm plasma-mobile system and even pre the latest update when I open the terminal all goes well for a while inputting characters to bash then i will suddenly see my input in the 'auto-complete'(?) top part of the virtual keyboard? Pressing enter will still run the commands sometimes but soon no characters are input anywhere, bash, or the auto-complete section. Closing the terminal from the gui and starting it again solves the problem temporarily until the cycle repeats. Also is there any way to run the terminal in landscape mode and increase the font size? Thanks.
(05-22-2021, 12:46 PM)Rainer Wrote: I have an up to date manjaro-arm plasma-mobile system and even pre the latest update when I open the terminal all goes well for a while inputting characters to bash then i will suddenly see my input in the 'auto-complete'(?) top part of the virtual keyboard? Pressing enter will still run the commands sometimes but soon no characters are input anywhere, bash, or the auto-complete section. Closing the terminal from the gui and starting it again solves the problem temporarily until the cycle repeats...
Can confirm here. Also not only in terminal, but also for example when searching in Discover...
(05-22-2021, 02:34 PM)acrux Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 12:46 PM)Rainer Wrote: I have an up to date manjaro-arm plasma-mobile system and even pre the latest update when I open the terminal all goes well for a while inputting characters to bash then i will suddenly see my input in the 'auto-complete'(?) top part of the virtual keyboard? Pressing enter will still run the commands sometimes but soon no characters are input anywhere, bash, or the auto-complete section. Closing the terminal from the gui and starting it again solves the problem temporarily until the cycle repeats...
Can confirm here. Also not only in terminal, but also for example when searching in Discover...

I have also had this problem, but to get around it, I open the menu (the 3 line icon) tap on "Quick Actions", then tap the left arrow to exit "Quick Actions" and tap the cursor where I want to type and it works again without having to close the Terminal App.  Not great, but it will do for now - and to be honest, I use ssh if I need to be in the Terminal for any length of time ...cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't install software via Discover or Terminal Kimberley van Buyten 2 1,493 06-10-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  Discover crashing (terminal output included). allworlds 1 1,302 05-05-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: allworlds
  "Emergency" terminal on pinephone (with default setup) altulke 5 2,563 05-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: altulke
  How can I update Manjaro ARM w/ Phosh using Terminal? danimations 6 3,882 10-24-2021, 11:58 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Music stops playing when screen goes off and session gets suspended jojuma 2 2,245 10-24-2021, 03:04 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  phosh 11 stops dead at login after update Rainer 2 2,324 07-22-2021, 04:36 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  Suddenly everything onscreen is tiny! nelstomlinson 3 2,644 07-03-2021, 08:18 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  Audio Stops Working Shane 5 4,813 01-26-2021, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Ceetemus
  timezone offsets all set to null suddenly. pjsf 2 2,482 11-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: nbh