I am ready to accept that there may be a problem with my emmc.
At first, I was convinced it must be something else, because my uboot and intitramfs load. I thought my uboot was doing something wrong. 

However the latest uboot, gives an error definition for the error 110 that I have been getting.
emmc not responding to voltage select.

If you look at the output of this uboot, you will see that regardless of the error, it still finds initramfs. 
After that finishes, if I click the arrowkeys on the manjaro boot menu I get hit with error 110 4 times and that's the end. 

Clearly there is some kind of problem that doesn't matter if it does happen to boot. 
Does customer service respond to this forum? If not, where can I open a ticket?

On another note, does anyone know of an alternate emmc that could work that I can get shipped quickly from amazon?
There are several on there, but I don't think they are all the same. 

Pictures of uboot and post uboot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-17-2021, 07:53 PM)djhnsn Wrote: If you look at the output of this uboot, you will see that regardless of the error, it still finds initramfs. 
After that finishes, if I click the arrowkeys on the manjaro boot menu I get hit with error 110 4 times and that's the end. 

Clearly there is some kind of problem that doesn't matter if it does happen to boot. 

I'm sorry to hear that. It might be worth trying to open up the laptop and reseat the eMMC module, while inspecting if everything is OK with the connectors on the eMMC module and on the main board.  There's slight chance it will help, but at least you can say the Pine64 support you've tried everything.

You can create an official ticket at the Pine64 Store support website.
(05-17-2021, 09:16 PM)dsimic Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 07:53 PM)djhnsn Wrote: If you look at the output of this uboot, you will see that regardless of the error, it still finds initramfs. 

I'm sorry to hear that.  It might be worth trying to open up the laptop and reseat the eMMC module, while inspecting if everything is OK with the connectors on the eMMC module and on the main board.  There's slight chance it will help, but at least you can say the Pine64 support you've tried everything.

You can create an official ticket at the Pine64 Store support website.

I have reseated it many times since I got it a little over a week ago, and inspected the sockets with a microscope. I didn't see anything obviously wrong. Thanks for the link.
(05-17-2021, 10:08 PM)djhnsn Wrote: I have reseated it many times since I got it a little over a week ago, and inspected the sockets with a microscope. I didn't see anything obviously wrong. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.  You should be able to get a replacement eMMC module, the one you received is clearly faulty.

Regarding the compatibility with eMMC modules other than those sold by Pine64, I think that a few forum members have reported succecss with some of the eMMC modules sold by Odroid, with a Samsung eMMC chip.  Unfortunately, that's all I'm aware of.
(05-17-2021, 11:49 PM)dsimic Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 10:08 PM)djhnsn Wrote: I have reseated it many times since I got it a little over a week ago, and inspected the sockets with a microscope. I didn't see anything obviously wrong. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.  You should be able to get a replacement eMMC module, the one you received is clearly faulty.

Regarding the compatibility with eMMC modules other than those sold by Pine64, I think that a few forum members have reported succecss with some of the eMMC modules sold by Odroid, with a Samsung eMMC chip.  Unfortunately, that's all I'm aware of.

I opened a ticket, hopefully they agree, and replacing it works out.

I will do a little digging on which of those odroids is compatible. I saw them on amazon. 

Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 58,784 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt
  I'm booting from NVME but I want to switch back to eMMC acruhl 4 1,367 04-23-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: acruhl
  Doesn’t power on after flashing emmc badguru 3 1,119 02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: badguru
  eMMC problem with Tow-Boot/u-boot on SPI repa 3 1,594 02-21-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: repa
  Partial boot after installing Manjaro on emmc regivanx 11 2,906 02-06-2023, 09:11 AM
  Unable to Boot anything (emmc or SDcard) line72 5 1,869 01-17-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: nfms
  What OS have you recently flashed onto PBP eMMC? jcun4128 6 2,213 11-26-2022, 09:39 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Unable to boot from emmc after flashing it rfm83 3 1,648 11-08-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: rfm83
  Pinebook picky about which EMMC will boot flatulent_piney 8 2,851 11-05-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: ajtravis
  After Flashing eMMC, Will Not Boot Mossbot 5 2,207 09-28-2022, 06:22 PM