dependency problem
Hello All,
I just got the new Pinebook Pro and probably somehow screwed the dependencies on first software install attempt (vi, mutt, xterm and a couple of apps from the Recommendation section) It failed and any subsequent attempt to install basically anything reports an error Conflicting dependencies: opensmtpd and msmtp-mta are conflicting  (translation from my native language mine). Installation by pacman seems to work (tested on only few packages though). Is there any way to fix it? I have no prior Manjaro experience and for some time the ability to use high-level package manager would be... well, handy.

Many Thanks,
cerno
what package first gave your the dependency conflict error? does the package manager gui stay open between package installation attempts? it took me a bit to figure out during my first dance with pamac gui, that when an install fails, the package will still remain selected for install until you either deselect it or close the window. that could be what's causing your attempts to all end with the same error.
(05-07-2021, 07:54 AM)tophneal Wrote: what package first gave your the dependency conflict error? does the package manager gui stay open between package installation attempts? it took me a bit to figure out during my first dance with pamac gui, that when an install fails, the package will still remain selected for install until you either deselect it or close the window. that could be what's causing your attempts to all end with the same error.

I've selected a couple of packages, probably the one making troubles was mutt, because I've selected the opensmtpd as the mailer and now the package manager complains about every operation as having conficting dependency. As an example, I've tried to reinstall awk: The package manager says 1 operation outstanding, but then reports the same conflict. I've closed the pamac and started it again, with same result.
if you use 'pamac install <package>' in the terminal do you get the same errors?
(05-07-2021, 08:13 AM)tophneal Wrote: if you use 'pamac install <package>' in the terminal do you get the same errors?

No, it installs the software without issues.
Thanks a lot!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New RockPro64 Power Up Problem enorbet2 7 4,782 10-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  First Boot HDMI/USB problem reefer 1 4,937 11-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: tllim
  ethernet lan speed problem android fulltone 0 2,594 04-23-2018, 01:47 AM
Last Post: fulltone
  Boot problem AdamK 1 4,790 12-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: tllim
  remix os Phoenix CARD and Win32 Problem pilgrimage 4 7,072 08-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Boot Up Problem - Red LED goes Out hay.barry 6 11,623 07-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Ghost
Bug ETA for solution for DMA problem for Arch Linux image & A64+ 2 GB boards? faddah 16 20,991 04-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Last Post: patrickhwood
  Problem with setting up SD Card Win10 montyflange 8 10,680 04-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Last Post: jbritt