Adding of WiFi/BT board causing reboots
Exclamation 
After reading all the hell people were going through getting their boards up, I decided to keep it simple and focused on getting my A64+ booting RemixOS without any additional modules.  Just Ethernet, HDMI and power.  I didn't even solder on the power and reset buttons yet.  After a few hours of close reading of the forums (the wiki is next to useless), I was able to get RemixOS up and running.  Hooray!

I opened a bunch of apps, watched a movie via Netflix and all seemed to be going well.

Then I tried to install a 4K video player from the Play Store and it failed claiming I wasn't authorized.  On a hunch, I thought it might be related to the lack of location data, so then I tried installing the Pine WiFi/BT module and trouble started.

Predictably, there are zero instructions, but it seemed simple enough given it really only fits one way.  So I popped the W/BT board on the header pins and plugged in the power.  The Pine A64 logo immediately appeared on the screen and about 5 seconds later, the screen lost sync, went black, before the Pine logo appeared again.  And again. And again.  It loops indefinitely...

Anyone have a work around for this?

Thanks,
MMB

Messages In This Thread
Adding of WiFi/BT board causing reboots - by mmb - 06-14-2016, 08:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Wifi Dongle? pfunk237 16 26,025 07-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Luke
Sad RemixOS 2.0 on Pine64+2G + WiFi Module - No signal klode 2 5,455 05-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Last Post: dkryder
  System process stopped responding and reboots exa 5 8,432 08-17-2016, 07:51 AM
Last Post: exa