Swimming/water resistance
I'm curious whether it would theoretically be possible to use the PineTime as a swim watch. I understand it is "only" IP-67, which implies 30min at 1m, as per the standard. Does anyone use it and swim regularly? Programming a swim app (I only ever use lap counting) would be a challenge, but of course requires the hardware to support the environment first.
I second this, knowing the suitability for these basics would be very useful. Are there any first hand accounts of user testing the latested sealed device for bathing / showering / swimming?
(05-11-2021, 05:08 AM)Undt Wrote: I second this, knowing the suitability for these basics would be very useful. Are there any first hand accounts of user testing the latested sealed device for bathing / showering / swimming?
I have not taken mine off since I received it (week ago--except to charge it once).  I wear it in the shower, immersed it in 5 gallon pails of water with absolutely no problems.  Mine is a sealed version.  I figured for what the cost of the watch is, I am going to see what it can handle.
Just a follow-up on my PineTime as far as durability goes, I have only taken it off to charge.  I own a Hardware store, so I can be rough on things.  I have yet to scratch the face lens.  I also have been in our Jacuzzi multiple times at 102 degrees (F).  No issues.  I would say it's durable.
(05-24-2021, 05:48 PM)philusa Wrote: Just a follow-up on my PineTime as far as durability goes, I have only taken it off to charge.  I own a Hardware store, so I can be rough on things.  I have yet to scratch the face lens.  I also have been in our Jacuzzi multiple times at 102 degrees (F).  No issues.  I would say it's durable.

That's definitely helpful, thanks. I think I'll add a sealed pinetime to try wearing around rather than try to seal and maybe having to reopen the earlyish kit model I have.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Recently received a dev kit and have been wearing the sealed PineTime that came with it. Wore it for a few hours swimming/wading/spashing with my children. Also submerged for 10 minutes a couple of times in a hot tub. No signs of damage. I did note, however, that water drops were mistaken by the screen for taps, double-taps, etc, and frequently found my device on a different screen than expected. Maybe if I disabled the display->wake up options it wouldn't misbehave?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IP67 and water resistance pagesix1536 1 2,105 06-06-2021, 03:05 AM
Last Post: wibble