no calls or texts
Updated the other day and haven't been able to use the modem. When trying to enable it the first time it says unable to detect modem. Further attempts appear to succeed but only show cellular. Trying an outbound call results in emergency calls only error.

Attempted to fix by
Code:
apk fix --reinstall
the Pinephone firmware packages but no change
yesterday's firmware update didn't fix it.
update: recent updates cause a login loop, where entering the username and password just result in loading the login screen to enter the username and password again.

I can ctrl+alt+F1 to another TTY using the convergence bar to perform updates. I've been updating the last couple of days in the hopes that it will be resolved.

I'm sure I can manually write an xinitrc and startx from the terminal, but I'd like to avoid having to do that.
I ended up reflashing the latest stable because it would no longer load up the login screen

calls and texts seem to work although texts seem to work intermittently
correction, I can receive texts, but I can't edit texts to send them. nothing pops up as an editor.
flashed latest stable and can send texts once again
(07-12-2021, 11:30 PM)hiimtye Wrote: flashed latest stable and can send texts once again

But are you receiving SMS though? I can send from mine, but don't receive. I'm using Manjaro ARM Phosh Beta 11.
For byte-sized tech and software tips check out my Danimations Digital Media tips channel on Youtube Big Grin
(07-13-2021, 01:36 AM)danimations Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 11:30 PM)hiimtye Wrote: flashed latest stable and can send texts once again

But are you receiving SMS though? I can send from mine, but don't receive. I'm using Manjaro ARM Phosh Beta 11.
yeah, my wife texted me earlier

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patch to add ability to discard calls...breaks calls MungFuSensei 3 3,018 02-13-2021, 04:33 PM
Last Post: proycon