Manjaro (Plasma OS) bugs/ issues
(04-23-2021, 04:04 PM)PJK2012 Wrote: Glad to see your post. I have similar problems, but not exactly the same. I get the half screen issue, but I also have a screen timeout issue. It pays no attention to the Never or 15 Minutes setting, but goes off quite quickly. Sometimes I can try to navigate and open a few apps, but once it decides to time out and lock the screen, after entering the PIN, it will never again return to a normal screen without doing a forced restart. After entering the PIN, it will come to a malformed, non-functioning screen. Sometimes the screen will flash or show interference patterns. The phone in its current state is unusable as it only functions for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute before the screen locks. My update went smoothly, but it seemed to be working okay before the update. I'm left with the question of whether the update is bad or the hardware is defective. There seems to be no "factory reset" mode or boot to recovery to try a reset. I too am coming from UBports on Nexus 5, so some kind of documentation on this OS and hardware would be appreciated.
I've found it worthwhile to download a better system settings app:
sudo pacman -S systemsettings

This gives you a second settings app (black icon with two white sliders), and one of the things you can do is set screen timeouts and suspend values that actually work.

I too get the 'half screen' issue, but I found that rotating the phone into landscape and then back to portrait makes it go away. YMMV.
I updated Manjaro_ARM software KDE Plasma Version 5.21.5, KDS Frameworks Version 5.82.0, Qt Version 5.15.2, and Kernel Version 5.12.3-1 Manjaro-ARM. The apps work fine as long I am plugged into a power source. Once I unplug the phone and operate of battery I can launch the app but return each time to the login screen. Does anybody have a fix? Also T-mobile worked the first time I inserted a SIM card from my other phone, it now stopped working. Does anybody know a provider in the US that works with the pine phone?
Thank you for the help.
(05-24-2021, 07:21 PM)Sunny Wrote: I updated Manjaro_ARM software KDE Plasma Version 5.21.5, KDS Frameworks Version 5.82.0, Qt Version 5.15.2, and Kernel Version 5.12.3-1 Manjaro-ARM. The apps work fine as long I am plugged into a power source. Once I unplug the phone and operate of battery I can launch the app but return each time to the login screen. Does anybody have a fix? Also T-mobile worked the first time I inserted a SIM card from my other phone, it now stopped working. Does anybody know a provider in the US that works with the pine phone?
Thank you for the help.

Not sure about the first issue, but running the following command when my sim card stopped working seemed to fix it. My understanding is T-mobile or the MVNO's that run on it such as Tello, mintmoble, etc. are the best choice here in the US, but I could be wrong. I am currently using Tello to experiment with my PinePhone.

Code:
sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns

I think there are still quite a few bugs to be worked out with KDE Plasma. Here is the thread I got the command from: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...ess+points
(05-24-2021, 07:21 PM)Sunny Wrote: I updated Manjaro_ARM software KDE Plasma Version 5.21.5, KDS Frameworks Version 5.82.0, Qt Version 5.15.2, and Kernel Version 5.12.3-1 Manjaro-ARM. The apps work fine as long I am plugged into a power source. Once I unplug the phone and operate of battery I can launch the app but return each time to the login screen. Does anybody have a fix? Also T-mobile worked the first time I inserted a SIM card from my other phone, it now stopped working. Does anybody know a provider in the US that works with the pine phone?
Thank you for the help.

Screen lock issue was reported and should be fixed now. However I had to manually edit files to make it 100% working again. Here is solution to this issue. As far as I know T-mobile should have no problem with the phone. However I noticed some issues in communication between Manjaro (or Plasma?) and modem. You can also find threads about this problem here. It should cause your SIM to refuse to work in PinePhone right now.[url=https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13690][/url]
(05-17-2021, 03:28 PM)Sthocs Wrote: On my side I observe other issues with the keyboard :
Sometimes it doesn't produce any text in the input, I have to switch app / rotate screen / lock the phone to make it work again. Also, Ctrl+c doesn't work in the terminal. If I run e.g. "top", I can't do anything else than quitting the terminal.
Can confirm the virtual keyboard issues. Best way to reproduce:
1. Open terminal or note taking app or any app where there is a search field
2. Confirm, that you can input characters
3. Swipe down the keyboard
4. Tap in the text input field to bring back keyboard
5. Try to input any text - nothing appears in the input field
Workaround is to minimize the app, return to homescreen, reopen the app from "task manager" and keyboard input works again. Until you swipe it down...
However - that workaround is not usable, when you are for example in the firsttime user configuration wizard Wink
Ctrl+C can be found in terminal, when you tap the three dots button in the right and select: Cancel current command

But as virtual keyboard is the very essential component, then let's hope it will be fixed very soon...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 4 91 4 hours ago
Last Post: gamerminstrel
  xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile acrux 9 1,044 Yesterday, 06:18 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Plasma Mobile telephony broken? Testing / Unstable dcinoz 9 983 06-16-2021, 03:20 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  Plasma Mobile "stable" currently broken acrux 14 448 06-15-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Cannot run onionshare-gui on pp manjaro plasma scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK 0 61 06-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  User Interface (Plasma Mobile) Queries dgiffin 1 75 06-12-2021, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Manjaro phosh annoying problems and a bit of usage experience Nick_dnepr 7 437 06-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Can i install 16 different distros apart from the default manjaro? temp0rary 4 268 05-28-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: temp0rary
  Black Screen on PinePhone with Manjaro Juron 5 316 05-27-2021, 07:13 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  no unlock screen (plasma mobile) dieselnutjob 6 532 05-26-2021, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CareAgain