PineTab restock
Can anyone at Pine64 give an approximate date for when the PineTab will be back in stock again?
I wouldn't mind a pre-order with a long shipping delay either. Just want to get my hands on one asap :)
From where does Pine64 ship? I live in Germany, do they ship from within the EU or will I have to pay import duty?
(04-23-2021, 11:07 AM)*PorcuPine* Wrote: Can anyone at Pine64 give an approximate date for when the PineTab will be back in stock again?
I wouldn't mind a pre-order with a long shipping delay either. Just want to get my hands on one asap Smile
From where does Pine64 ship? I live in Germany, do they ship from within the EU or will I have to pay import duty?

From the community update: the situation sounds fluid and subject to change. This summer was mentioned, but that could change anytime for better or worse. Someone else may have other more up to date information, but you can read that Community Update here from 1 week ago:

Quote:As for the PineTab, we’ve made it no secret that we’re prioritizing PinePhone production at this time. With very few available components, including the A64 SoC itself currently in short supply, we are opting to produce the much more popular device. Furthermore, if we were to open PineTab pre-orders at this time, it would have to be at a much higher price-point, which I believe makes for a far less attractive proposition. With all that said, we will seek to seize a window for a production opportunity opening this summer, and we will attempt to produce another batch of PineTabs. At present time it is impossible to tell if we will succeed in securing all the necessary components, negotiate sensible pricing, and ultimately offer the PineTab at an attractive price-point.

From: https://www.pine64.org/2021/04/15/april-...elopments/
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(04-23-2021, 11:07 AM)*PorcuPine* Wrote: Can anyone at Pine64 give an approximate date for when the PineTab will be back in stock again?
I wouldn't mind a pre-order with a long shipping delay either. Just want to get my hands on one asap Smile
As indicated, Pinetab always seems to be the last on the list of things to be done. I was fortunate enough and suffered through the Early Adopter version but now just about everything I expected to work is working now.
I wouldn't hold my breath based on the delays I experienced, but the next batch is supposed to be ready by August.
Hi!
Is there anyone here from the organisation that can be honest about whether they will be restocking the pinetab or not? I have been waiting since last summer and the posts here always say it'll probably be soon but they are not sure, the same for months now. At first it seemed that what was delaying the tablet was delaying the phone as well but the phones seem to be being produced now. I am really considering buying a JingPad when they release them in less than a month. Although it seems quite well built, jingpad is going to be way more expensive so I want to make sure I won't be seing pinetabs being sold a week after purchasing the other one after waiting a year for a linux tablet.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,345 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 457 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,692 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,354 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,636 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,133 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,133 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,552 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,422 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis