Screen dying already?
After about 2,5 months the delamination has spread around the top half of my screen. An interesting thing I have noticed recently though is another small spot of delamination on the bottom edge, right where the USB C port is located (see attached image). Could that hint at a heat issue? Although I haven't noticed that area getting particularly warm. Not nearly as warm as the top half of the device at least.
Also after having dropped the phone (from about waist height onto a wooden floor, still the screen cracked) I have the same problem as someone else here reported: A vertical line (towards the right side of the screen) doesn't respond to touch inputs anymore. Obviously this has more to do with having dropped the phone, but I thought I'd mention it because it has been linked to the delamination issue before.
[Image: Screen-delamination.jpg]
Why do not make a survey to collect the data?
I tried to make a example

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/daiwzg/de...one-survey

p.s. replaced old link with new (all previous records (2) have been reinserted)
(08-08-2021, 08:57 PM)vinnie Wrote: Why do not make a survey to collect the data?
I tried to make a example

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/wrbfos/de...one-survey

Thank you for the pool. I've voted.
Ok, due to the fact that the questionnaire started being used, I produced it again because I hadn't annotated the other important links for the previous one.

I updated the previous post and imported all the entries so far added, new ones are now:
The survey: http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/daiwzg/de...one-survey
The results: http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/dypeyk/de...urvey/view

Remember that you can specify more than one environment agent in the last question!

If some administrator wants to take control of the survey, I can pass him the link to the administrative page (no account needed).
In any case you can recreate another survey (even duplicating mine) and you can export the data in .csv

@Gribouille
Thenk you for partecipation Smile
After a very lackluster response from support I have offered to send my phone to Pine64 at their cost so that their engineers can examine a case where a phone with none of the environmental factors listed on the questionnaire has this issue. Hopefully they accept and take this somewhat seriously in the further development of the PinePhone.
(08-11-2021, 10:39 AM)ridecar2 Wrote: After a very lackluster response from support I have offered to send my phone to Pine64 at their cost so that their engineers can examine a case where a phone with none of the environmental factors listed on the questionnaire has this issue. Hopefully they accept and take this somewhat seriously in the further development of the PinePhone.

That's exactly what I've done, actually. I didn't even have to offer to send my PinePhone to them, the support representative had asked me to do so unprompted after I described the issue and sent photos of the defect. They have received it, confirmed the issue and my replacement should be on its way now; no word on what could've caused it or what their engineer found though.
I recently purchased a new vehicle dashboard mount for my Manjaro Convergence Pinephone. After I mounted the Pinephone with the upper corner catching the full blast of a very cold air conditioning vent output, it very quickly developed a minor case of the malignant patterns posted here, but only in the corner that became very cold.

I assumed it is water vapor that was trapped in the display at the factory that condensed. Long ago, I did research on liquid crystal devices in grad school and found that once water vapor condenses in a device, it does not always re-vaporize--at least not anytime soon! Sad
Tired to hope that someone read my tickets or a reply, I've posted in the 'General' part of the forum. Because I think it's not only a problem for the PinePhone, but more a problem of how Pine64 consider his involvement in the community around the open source hardware probably.

I can understand that there is some troubles sometimes. But the reply seems to show that PINE64 is not interested to discover, understand and solve the problem  :

Quote:Unfortunately, as per your order#15100 warranty is expired. 

– All single board and accessories sold on the Pine Microsystems Inc. (PINE64) store are entitled to a 30 days Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

Does Pine64 is a part of the community or only a vendor (with a very bad support and buggy products) that makes profits without regard for this community ? I hope that is not the second idea.

Maybe, I have no chance and some particular situations at Pine64 are the origin of the poor support ... Hard to say 'yes' or 'no', because there is nothing coming from Pine64 about my problem since more than one month.

The thread : https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14680 / Pine64 quality of the hardware support : the PinePhone case
Update: My screen defect is spreading. Sad

I don't know if the cold air conditioning vent triggered it or it was just a coincidence but it's getting worse. I can see the day coming when I'll want to buy a new screen, but will it last any longer than the 10 months I got out of the original screen?
(08-25-2021, 12:39 AM)calinb Wrote: Update: My screen defect is spreading. Sad

I don't know if the cold air conditioning vent triggered it or it was just a coincidence but it's getting worse. I can see the day coming when I'll want to buy a new screen, but will it last any longer than the 10 months I got out of the original screen?

Sorry to read that. I don't know if we can have some help.

My tickets to the support about the delamination are frozen :
  • #10442, from the 12 of July, 1 month;
  • #10446, from 21 days, but it is not 'assigned'.

An unassigned ticket is easy to managed, because it can't have a delay to managed it, not a SLA, nobody has the responsibility to manged it  Dodgy

Could you make a little test ? I've explained the problem to obtain some support. If I look at the number of views in the general part of the forum (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=74) before open the thread, I see that the number of views is not incremented when I come back to the general part of the forum. I've tried with a Tor Browser without login in.
So, could you check the number of views before to open the thread and after ?

The thread to check :
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14680 / Pine64 quality of the hardware support : the PinePhone case

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Screen ghosting and omitting rows of pixels... bedtime 0 352 12-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bedtime
  Replacement screen disconnects after back frame is screwed on robthebold 4 1,271 10-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: robthebold
  Screen Replacement Instructions erikkugel 4 3,087 09-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: RTP
  Severe screen flicker + occasional ghosting | Pinephone Beta edition legowave440 5 3,578 07-25-2022, 07:35 AM
Last Post: bedtime
  Double Image on screen Arvis 2 1,706 07-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Avisando
  Screen has pixel-thin horizontal stripes that are black or get stuck in the past yasmi 5 3,973 03-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: jopple
  How hard to replace screen? Zebulon Walton 28 29,004 01-18-2022, 12:21 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  pinephone screen Uturn 2 2,248 01-14-2022, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Screen replacement Csanderson0313 4 3,186 01-10-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Csanderson0313
  Top of screen and USB port malfunctioning Severinus 0 1,068 12-14-2021, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Severinus