PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread
Got my Pinebook Pro yesterday.  Two days earlier than expected.  It reminds me of the Army football team, We are small, but we are slow.  It has been fun to work with.  I am learning more with this box since I have no fear of breaking it.  If I screw up I can always re-flash the emmc.   Big Grin
Photo 
(05-04-2021, 01:32 PM)Luke Wrote: 1. Thank you Pine64 teams for letting me receive a Pinephone still in cellophane wrap to Israel albeit the cost: +US$128 that could be used by Pine64 alternatively to set up certified makerspace volonteer quality + repackage stations worldwide.

Secondly: Luke: Mostly correct. Except at the time that I ordered to my PO box, a computer error generated at Israel Postal company missplaced my POBox zip code to an address located 11 km away from my POBox, which made the Pine logistics team go nuts, as well as my local telecom billing...Sad
As clarified by phone. DHL to PO Boxes in Israel is a NoNo! No exceptions. I have no clue about other DHL locations policies.

DHL Israel allows you to reallocate a shipment to the local Service point for pickup once it is clear that there is a delivery problem with the registered delivery street address, as was also the case with me. DHL Israel has a quality assurance problem in delivery to the north wich made me have to trace the package journey from Tel Aviv Airport city. I still haven't opened the Cellophane. on  My New Linux Phone!
(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)Daniel972 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:57 AM)dayobe2020 Wrote: A wish for topic or wiki here on Pine64 would be personal order shipping and delivery  experiences
grouped up in Region ( Continent ), Country, alphabethically.
I had to call DHL here in Israel in order to clarify that DHL here is strictly Door 2 Door andno PO Boxes.
Pine logistics in Hongkong have no way of knowing this. They just get an ¿illegal zip code error message.
It took days of mailing back and forth and a lot of unescessary frustration before this very simple
detail with DHL was cleared out

Personal Experience DHL shipping Israel update:

DHL Israel has turned the shipment of my pinephone into a bizarre farse by:
Creating a New Company label from my delivery instructions:  "Basement Back Door Entrance"
Also by ignoring repeated timely input and outputed confirmation information from its own online  tracking application
Shipping it from the agreed Airport Service point to a location where it cannot be picked up and freezing it 
on a pretext of lacking import tax payment , although DHL affirms the possibility of payment
together with a sceduled pickup location.

I have notified logistics at Pine64 about these issues,but have little hope it will repair this DHL Israel created shipping
issue.

A note. I am the same person as the above thread starter only now using my real name with
a personally connected email address.

Sad regards. 
Daniel+972.

Hey Daniel, sorry probably just me being thick but I don't quite understand what happened. So you ordered your PinePhone to a PO box (correct?), the transaction went through fine in the store, DHL Hong Kong accepted the parcel and verified the delivery address, and then DHL Israel gave you trouble because they don't deliver to PO boxes? is this correct?
I just received my PinePhone. The tracking updates and information was horrible, but it just got here and I can start working on it now so I am very happy.
(04-11-2021, 01:44 PM)Luke Wrote: PinePhone

[6 May 2021] There is a few days delay, but PinePhone shipments for EU countries will begin this week. Apologies for the delay - its related to DHL's issues.

My shipping order is made on: Order Date: 2021-03-29 11:43:13, but I am still not receive a tracking number, the source country is Poland. When I will receive my tracking number and my pinephone?
It seems the EU shipment is on its way, I just received my order confirmation (dest. France)!
Also just received mine, destination Germany.

On DHL it's currently marked as:

Open status
We are expecting your shipment data soon.
Same for me ! (France). I cross my fingers ! Good news
Same from NL, first mail received
Hello,
Received mine, destination France.
Individual packaging for EU seems on the way. "Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL "
DHL will pick up ready parcel this afternoon, and we should expect receive it from Wednesday. That is the usual how to and waiting period for delivery.
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,083 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,436 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,450 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,798 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,286 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,587 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,157 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,094 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,187 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,940 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM