PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread
(04-22-2021, 04:57 AM)dayobe2020 Wrote: A wish for topic or wiki here on Pine64 would be personal order shipping and delivery  experiences
grouped up in Region ( Continent ), Country, alphabethically.
I had to call DHL here in Israel in order to clarify that DHL here is strictly Door 2 Door andno PO Boxes.
Pine logistics in Hongkong have no way of knowing this. They just get an ¿illegal zip code error message.
It took days of mailing back and forth and a lot of unescessary frustration before this very simple
detail with DHL was cleared out

Personal Experience DHL shipping Israel update:

DHL Israel has turned the shipment of my pinephone into a bizarre farse by:
Creating a New Company label from my delivery instructions:  "Basement Back Door Entrance"
Also by ignoring repeated timely input and outputed confirmation information from its own online  tracking application
Shipping it from the agreed Airport Service point to a location where it cannot be picked up and freezing it 
on a pretext of lacking import tax payment , although DHL affirms the possibility of payment
together with a sceduled pickup location.

I have notified logistics at Pine64 about these issues,but have little hope it will repair this DHL Israel created shipping
issue.

A note. I am the same person as the above thread starter only now using my real name with
a personally connected email address.

Sad regards. 
Daniel+972.
(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)Daniel972 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:57 AM)dayobe2020 Wrote: A wish for topic or wiki here on Pine64 would be personal order shipping and delivery  experiences
grouped up in Region ( Continent ), Country, alphabethically.
I had to call DHL here in Israel in order to clarify that DHL here is strictly Door 2 Door andno PO Boxes.
Pine logistics in Hongkong have no way of knowing this. They just get an ¿illegal zip code error message.
It took days of mailing back and forth and a lot of unescessary frustration before this very simple
detail with DHL was cleared out

Personal Experience DHL shipping Israel update:

DHL Israel has turned the shipment of my pinephone into a bizarre farse by:
Creating a New Company label from my delivery instructions:  "Basement Back Door Entrance"
Also by ignoring repeated timely input and outputed confirmation information from its own online  tracking application
Shipping it from the agreed Airport Service point to a location where it cannot be picked up and freezing it 
on a pretext of lacking import tax payment , although DHL affirms the possibility of payment
together with a sceduled pickup location.

I have notified logistics at Pine64 about these issues,but have little hope it will repair this DHL Israel created shipping
issue.

A note. I am the same person as the above thread starter only now using my real name with
a personally connected email address.

Sad regards. 
Daniel+972.

Hey Daniel, sorry probably just me being thick but I don't quite understand what happened. So you ordered your PinePhone to a PO box (correct?), the transaction went through fine in the store, DHL Hong Kong accepted the parcel and verified the delivery address, and then DHL Israel gave you trouble because they don't deliver to PO boxes? is this correct?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-03-2021, 04:55 PM)lewellyn Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:46 PM)Bobj21 Wrote: My Pinebook Pro is at Los Angeles Gateway according to DHL.  Still predicting delivery on the 7th.
Likewise. Mine is sitting in Cincinnati (cleared customs Saturday morning), with an ETA of the 7th. I'm slightly wondering if maybe they only roll trucks to some destinations on an irregular basis, if there's stuff they have time to spare for...
My PBP finally made it to Tucson sorting center this morning (4th).  Still scheduled for the 7th and less than 80 miles away.  I wish I could just go pick it up.

Smile
Hi,
  I ordered my Pinephone Beta Edition on March 24th. I'm living in France. Any news about shipping to France (Europe)?.
Thank's
Didier
Hello,
I'm in the same situation as Didier, ordered mine on April 7th, and apart from the order confirmation, I haven't got any other info, has dispatch started in the EU?
Thank you for your time and care,

Alexander
OP updated

Im totaly confused about the status of my order.
I ordered a Pinephone BE end of march and until now i receive only the order confirmation.

The last two updates sounds for me like they are related to someone who ordered something during April...

Quote:[30 April 2021] The shipping progress is ongoing. We are aware that the shipping pace is slower than usual - this is due to DHL's Hong Kong shipping circumstances (see previous update entry). 
PinePhones destined for the EU should start arriving in end-users hands next week, but in some cases may first arrive the following week, 10-16th May.

[6 May 2021] There is a few days delay, but PinePhone shipments for EU countries will begin this week. Apologies for the delay - its related to DHL's issues.
One quote from Mastodon:

Quote:All PinePhone and #pinebookpro orders placed after April 18 will ship mid-May.

For me it sounds like people who ordered after 18 of April will receive there order befor me.

So whats about with orders before end of march?
(05-05-2021, 01:16 PM)cinux Wrote: Im totaly confused about the status of my order.
I ordered a Pinephone BE end of march and until now i receive only the order confirmation.

The last two updates sounds for me like they are related to someone who ordered something during April...

Quote:[30 April 2021] The shipping progress is ongoing. We are aware that the shipping pace is slower than usual - this is due to DHL's Hong Kong shipping circumstances (see previous update entry). 
PinePhones destined for the EU should start arriving in end-users hands next week, but in some cases may first arrive the following week, 10-16th May.

[6 May 2021] There is a few days delay, but PinePhone shipments for EU countries will begin this week. Apologies for the delay - its related to DHL's issues.
One quote from Mastodon:

Quote:All PinePhone and #pinebookpro orders placed after April 18 will ship mid-May.

For me it sounds like people who ordered after 18 of April will receive there order befor me.

So whats about with orders before end of march?

If you're in Europe, then as per my update the phones will start being dispatched this week.

First post to the forums: I just received my phone (Oak Park, Illinois, US).

Ordered March 24th. Got tracking info April 20th. I kept looking at the tracking information and it never gave any update. But today it was in my mailbox. I just looked and it finally shows shipping info updates from yesterday and today all in Oak Park. I hope this info helps set the bar for others. So far everything seems to work, made a call on Verizon. So far it has only locked up once. :-)

My 11 year old heard it was a 'beta' phone and when it locked up she joked I "should have got a betta' phone".
I received my PinePhone in the mailbox today, I went to the DHL website following a link I received via email and agreed to no-contact delivery which means they did not need my signature or to knock on my door. The phone turns on and everything is in the box so I'm happy LOL. Was pleasantly surprised that I got it today and not the 10th that it was estimating, the DHL tracking page made it seem like it was leaving and departing the same sorting facility a few times and I was getting nervous but I guess they're under the same name so it just seems like that.

I live in a "remote area" of Canada and so I had to pay extra that on top of the standard delivery fee (this fee is already shown at checkout), plus $48 in import/duty/taxes. I was expecting to pay around ~$60 so it was a bit cheaper which was nice. Overall everything went well and I'm excited to start tinkering with it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,568 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,918 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,522 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,824 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,303 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,602 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,511 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,121 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,971 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,953 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM