PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread
Got phone the 23rd.  So both Pine and DHL were faster than they'd said (Arizona, USA).

Phone is part magic part bleeding edge pain and a UI I don't understand that doesn't seem to be documented.
(So even the parts that occasionally make me scream are what I signed up for.)
No cell service yet.

The wherabouts of the pinebook pro ordered same day(Mar 23) are an unknown, but I'm distracted and may have missed an announcement.
(04-26-2021, 02:51 PM)D4rkh0rs3 Wrote: Got phone the 23rd.  So both Pine and DHL were faster than they'd said (Arizona, USA).

Phone is part magic part bleeding edge pain and a UI I don't understand that doesn't seem to be documented.
No cell service yet.

The wherabouts of the pinebook pro ordered same day(Mar 23) are an unknown, but I'm distracted and may have missed an announcement.

About service not working - I assume you're on a CDMA network? CDMA networks seem to be a bit of a pain - get a GSM carrier for the PinePhone, if possible that is.

About the Pinebook Pro - that may, or may not, be delayed by a week or so depending on the situation at the factory - waiting for a report.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-26-2021, 03:25 PM)Luke Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 02:51 PM)D4rkh0rs3 Wrote: Got phone the 23rd.  So both Pine and DHL were faster than they'd said (Arizona, USA).

No cell service yet.

About service not working - I assume you're on a CDMA network? CDMA networks seem to be a bit of a pain - get a GSM carrier for the PinePhone, if possible that is.

About the Pinebook Pro - that may, or may not, be delayed by a week or so depending on the situation at the factory - waiting for a report.

thank you for the response.

Sorry if I was unclear, lack of service isn't a technical issue,   Buracratic issue, I'm trying to move a phone number.
Hello. I ordered my phone (with convergence package) the 31st of last month and have received no information regarding it being shipped. Given them I'm in the US and what is stated in the thread, I feel like I should have received something. Any clue what could be going wrong?

Also, I've tried to create a ticket, but can't recover my password with Zoho for some reason.
@genany read a few posts up. Also, don't create tickets - support wouldn't know the current status, the shipment is with DHL.It just adds to unnecessary workload.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-24-2021, 09:47 AM)jfenn2199 Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Merc Wrote: Oh boy.

(04-24-2021, 09:12 AM)jfenn2199 Wrote: Starting to get nervous it's day four and I still haven't received tracking for an order I placed on April 5th.

In the same boat as you except I ordered mine a little earlier. It seems people from the US got theirs very quickly.
The funny thing is I am in the US
I did the $25 DHL shipping this time around but when I ordered mine I pre-ordered on the very first day when I was awake around 3 AM in the morning to get that phone. I most likely got the first batch to be shipped out.

(04-26-2021, 03:25 PM)Luke Wrote:

No cell service yet.

I use T-Mobile and even with UBports, Mobian when I had the UBports Community Edition Phone I had cellular issues, I think it was somthing to do with my location and the incompatible cellular frequency band . Its as If that cellular frequency band was not allowing me to use another that was compatible with my phone. This is coming from a Southern California area in the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles.
(Yet again) for those keeping track: got my DHL email this morning (EST). Estimated delivery is Monday, May 3rd. I ordered mine on March 31st, with courier shipping.
(04-27-2021, 06:14 AM)jpspadaro Wrote: (Yet again) for those keeping track: got my DHL email this morning (EST). Estimated delivery is Monday, May 3rd. I ordered mine on March 31st, with courier shipping.

Got my DHL tracking email yesterday, ordered on April 9th. Estimated delivery is May 5th (Canada).

Oh, and DHL just advised me that import duty/tax and "clearance fees" are going to cost $51.48 CAD, which is 20% of the cost of the phone. Taxes are $32.00 CAD, duty is $0, the rest are DHL "clearance fees". Shipping cost was already $30+.
Just got my shipping confirmation from DHL for Pinebook Pro - ordered in the first batch, arriving May 07 to the United States. Very excited!!
(04-30-2021, 06:45 AM)annahellrothsparent Wrote: Just got my shipping confirmation from DHL for Pinebook Pro - ordered in the first batch, arriving May 07 to the United States. Very excited!!
Hi,

When did you orders yours? Got my order in on the 20th April, so guessing as per site it will be probably end of May?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,003 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,377 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,433 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,789 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,282 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,584 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,102 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,087 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,096 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,937 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM