Move Manufacturing from China to another country?
Yes
33.33%
No
66.67%
18 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Move production outside of China?
No. The production problems are temporary and moving to any place else will bring on new problems. While those new problems would be mitigated over time, in the end we will see the costs of products go up while new delays and obstacles will split us on whether we made a mistake or not.

During the work up to putting man on the moon, NASA had a hard freeze on modifying the guidance computer because they wanted a computer they knew how to work with, rather than go to the moon with something that had unknown bugs and thus introduced unknown variables to a project demanding precision. I bought my first Pine64 product right as China shut down last year, and I now own half a dozen SoC/PBP/PinePhone computers, and countless accessories. I have come to admire the Pine64 team for what they have accomplished with the state of the world today. I say this as a guy who has lost two manufacturing jobs to China, and knows first hand how difficult it is to move a production center across the world.
Quartz64, RockPro64, PinePhone Mobian, PineBook Pro, PineTime, and all the trimmings that make FOSS fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Move production outside of China? - by MNtinkerer - 03-27-2021, 12:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,230 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China LittleWalter 76 80,642 04-01-2021, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Xzska-collab
  Forum issues after the cluster move Dendrocalamus64 2 4,648 06-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64