xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile
Another good news is that dino with libhandy got packaged and is available for installation.
Eg "sudo pacman -Syu dino-mobile"
This is a really good thing as Kaidan has still a long way to go to be really usable.
I was coming here to say that I built it from source and it wasn't that hard at all (on Mobian though).  And I only seem to have maybe 50% success (at best?) building things from source (generally speaking).  lol

But now I see (from your post above) that Arch/Manjaro have packaged it.  Which is not surprising, really.

On a side note, building something from source directly on the phone was one of the coolest things I have done to date on my PinePhone.  People complain about early days, rough edges, etc...  But it is so cool being able to not only install (regular GNUI/Linux) packages -- from your package manager / distro of choice -- but also to be able to compile things from latest sources!  You are simply not doing that at all on Android, much less iOS!  Smile
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Kind of hard at the moment.

On Phosh I had my best experience by far with Gajim.
However, on Plamo it's still impossible to get the keyboard to show up at any time you want, and Gajim doesn't seem to support double tapping on a touch screen to open up a conversation, so the enter key on a keyboard is a hard requirement, which therefore makes it unusable on Plamo.

The problem with Dino is that GTK3 apps in general still seem to be in pre-alpha on Plamo; really hard to see chat windows because the contact part is always there, no way of going into settings or any other thing in the menu, the double-typing bug in GTK3 apps that still remains unfixed, but at least you can chat.

Kaidan is basically a proof of concept app that just doesn't work at all.

Didn't test anything else yet.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(09-11-2021, 10:46 PM)ryo Wrote: The problem with Dino is that GTK3 apps in general still seem to be in pre-alpha on Plamo; really hard to see chat windows because the contact part is always there, no way of going into settings or any other thing in the menu, the double-typing bug in GTK3 apps that still remains unfixed, but at least you can chat.
Are you talking about dino or dino-mobile. The latter behaves quite well and I can switch between contacts&muc and chat window. Settings etc. do not open yet, but in overall it is probably the best option in PlaMo so far...
Quote:Kaidan is basically a proof of concept app that just doesn't work at all.
You can't say it does not work at all Big Grin MAM somewhat works, but the post does not get sorted by time correctly and it repeats some posts at every application start. Still no MUC. So still a long way to go...
(09-12-2021, 05:08 AM)acrux Wrote: Are you talking about dino or dino-mobile. The latter behaves quite well and I can switch between contacts&muc and chat window. Settings etc. do not open yet, but in overall it is probably the best option in PlaMo so far...
Didn't even know dino-mobile even existed.
Little sad considering that GTK3 was designed with many screen sizes and touch controls in mind.

(09-12-2021, 05:08 AM)acrux Wrote: You can't say it does not work at all Big Grin MAM somewhat works, but the post does not get sorted by time correctly and it repeats some posts at every application start. Still no MUC. So still a long way to go...
I tried Kaidan, but nothing works.
Maybe that's because I always enable OMEMO and refuse to send anything without it?
At least it's not as bad as Neochat, which gives you an endless "loading..." screen for every chat you go into.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(09-12-2021, 07:39 AM)ryo Wrote: Didn't even know dino-mobile even existed.

It's currently (well, last I checked) still in the feature/handy branch in their repo.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is wrong with KDE plasma beta15 RC4? Uturn 8 1,335 10-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Manjaro: Settings doesnt open nbh 0 500 09-24-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: nbh
  Can't get ring on Manjaro Pine Phone thorensjubilee 12 3,074 06-09-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Is Manjaro ARM a Rolling Release? jojuma 4 1,426 05-10-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 720 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,366 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,041 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Can't install Manjaro thorensjubilee 1 957 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: thorensjubilee
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,572 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
  Manjaro Plasma busted Chief 2 1,481 11-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Chief