Motion Eye OS
Has anybody run motion eye on the cube?
Also can you write an image to an SD card and boot with it like the Pinephone or a Raspberry Pi?
I have tried motioneyeos-pine64-20200606.img.xz and I was hoping to get it to connect to my network so I could avoid the serial-terminal process.
I haven't found any basic instructions to get this up and running. Big Grin
(03-22-2021, 03:23 PM)Will Welker Wrote: Has anybody run motion eye on the cube?
Also can you write an image to an SD card and boot with it like the Pinephone or a Raspberry Pi?
I have tried motioneyeos-pine64-20200606.img.xz and I was hoping to get it to connect to my network so I could avoid the serial-terminal process.
I haven't found any basic instructions to get this up and running. Big Grin

Good simple question Will. 

I suspect the answer might be quite complex with a lot of work to do. 

Having said that, I still wonder the same thing myself. Anyone any idea on whether a version of MotionEyeOs is something that could happen anytime?

Thanks!!
I think MotionEyeOS and the Pinecube would be a complete solution.  I currently run all my home security cameras with Pi and MotionEyeOS.  I add two extra hardware parts to get POE, each camera stores its media on its own microSD drive so the storage is distributed.  A simple HTML file on my PC has all the camera streams and each video stream is a clickable link to the MotionEye server dashboard of each camera.

[Image: html-streams.png]

Calin Crisan runs the repo for MotionEyaOS. I will pay to send him a couple of cubes if anybody has his contact info.
Hello, in the openwrt (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid98379) thread there is a way to transmit through mjpg-streamer but I can't install motioneye by pip since it is not yet supported in python3 and python2 was removed from the openwrt repositories, I have additional to my pinecube a bpi-m2ultra board and a khadas vim1 on one I have HomeAssistant installed with MotionEye to which I added the camera path. soon I will try to make a guide or something ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-05-2021, 09:46 PM)JuanEsf Wrote: Hello, in the openwrt (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid98379) thread there is a way to transmit through mjpg-streamer but I can't install motioneye by pip since it is not yet supported in python3 and python2 was removed from the openwrt repositories, I have additional to my pinecube a bpi-m2ultra board and a khadas vim1 on one I have HomeAssistant installed with MotionEye to which I added the camera path. soon I will try to make a guide or something ...

Looking forward on your MotionEye guide.
I uploaded the files and the guide in the openwrt thread