Slash TV Android for RockPro64
I just found very good Android OS for RockPro64. 

The link to original topic is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/slash...4.3949002/
and you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1...lCEm9x-RIM

Just dd it to SD card and it runs. It is Android 7.x based, but it already contains Play Store and apps like Kodi, RetroArch, etc. 
Wifi does not work, unfortunatelly. Anyway, it is not so important for a TV box, I think.
I am just testing it on SD card, tomorrow I want to flash it to eMMC and use it instead of my old Rockbox, which is already very slow.
I am not able to run it from emmc. It just does not boot, I have no image on TV. I used the same image and the same dd command for emmc. Seems it does not support emmc.
Is anyone able to try it from eMMC? Someone who has the serial console cable?
I'm waiting on my emmc modules to arrive I'll see what happens, I have serial cables too. It works fine from SD though, I'm happy with that.

I do notice a lot of drivers are missing, if android is based off Linux then I wonder if you can install the .ko drivers with instmod? The Emulators work amazingly well 60fps with ppsspp but the problem is not many controller work i.e. xinput. With my android TV box it pretty much works with any USB and many 2.4ghz Controllers.

As the Android 9 only seem to work with the LCD's (Which are out-of-stock) this dist. is the only option for building a TV box.

Thanks for your post, I was lost till I found an Android dist. that outputs to hdmi.
It used to work from EMMC but after he updated it. it stopped working. the newer WIFI/BT module needs android 9. I broke my original one. I installed the stock android 9 build and my wifi is working. My play store is not able to install new stuff off the wifi.

Honestly though I am looking to upgrade to the quartz64 because it has a speaker option and the battery. I have mine built as a sudo table with a camera on the back.

I wish I knew how to actually build the android kernal but I don't
Bad is that even Slash TV does not support DRM, so the apps which use it do not work.
Tried installing Slash TV OS yesterday. I noticed five files on Google Drive all named the same with file name extension .z01 .z02 .z03 .z04 and .zip but these are not standard zip files.

Could anyone who has actually installed Slash TV successfully step through the procedure they used from the point at which they did their download from Google Drive. This installation process is definitely not standard zip download /image burning to SD card.
dd really does not work?
(03-23-2022, 07:22 AM)Wizzard Wrote: dd really does not work?

You can see from this link that the images do not uncompress properly to an .img file. The developer doesn’t appear to be very active so unfortunately I can’t proceed any further testing this one. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/slash...e_vignette

Maybe someone here could shed a little light on this one.
I was able to uncompress it, maybe I used Windows or some other trick.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difficulty installing Android on Rockpro64 spammycheese 0 2,685 02-17-2023, 05:31 AM
Last Post: spammycheese
  Using Android and the Playstore grobbs 0 2,590 06-04-2022, 12:18 AM
Last Post: grobbs
  Android TV miguelangelaj 2 2,881 06-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  Control Fan in Android miguelangelaj 2 2,364 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: miguelangelaj
  DRM support in Android Wizzard 2 2,613 02-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Johnmo89
  Install Playstore on Android 8.1.0 Domo 14 24,492 04-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Wizzard
  Install Playstore on Android 7.1.2 Domo 6 13,822 04-16-2021, 02:10 AM
  Kodi crashing in Android 9 Wizzard 2 3,930 04-16-2021, 02:03 AM
  Install Playstore on Android 9 image ddimension 18 27,466 02-13-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: chisteven
  RockPro64 line out/headphones in Android 9 Wizzard 0 2,900 11-20-2020, 04:15 AM