Is it possible to get Pinephone electronic components separately?
I want to build a bicycle computer around a phone using the app "IP Bike", with a camera and a custom high powered LED on a rotatable mount, roughly perpendicular to the screen. The form factor / design would be almost entirely unlike a phone, but the phone's components are possibly better suited to this, compared to the available SBCs.

Is this likely to be possible? Either now or in the future?
You can buy almost any of the Pinephone parts in the store, but availability is scarce at the moment because of the general situation of the semiconductor market and making new batches of Pinephones takes up all the supply currently...

https://pine64.com/product-category/smar...46c16e2e66
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
I see! Thank you. I feel like I should've been able to find that on my own on the store page. Is it likely to be possible to use something like an ArduCAM with the Pinephone mainboard instead of the 5mpx camera listed there, and can I use a screen of my own choice?
While it's certainly possible to adapt other cameras and screens via breakout boards you have to make for the FFC cables to match the pinouts (there's no standard for this really), you also have to make sure all the signal voltage levels work with your new devices (e.g. 1.8V digital interface of the CSI bus, 2.8V analog supply, backlight driver current and voltage for the LCD, LCD MIPI interface, etc.), so it's not a trivial hardware hacking task. And then adapt the devicetree and kernel drivers to support your new devices. So it really comes down how familiar you are with embedded hardware and Linux kernel hacking?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
Not familiar at all unfortunately. I've used Linux a bit, and done some other programming, but I'm mostly a CAD guy.

I've made a parallel thread in the A64-LTS sub-forum, because it's possible that meets my needs better; https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13341

I think getting the hardware connected would be the easier task for me, but I'll be in the deep end with the kernel and drivers. I'm guessing that I would be porting those over from a build that supports the hardware as a best case scenario right? Like taking a pi supported device, and the drivers for that and adapting that for Android on the Pineboard?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 521 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 157 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  my pinephone melted norayr 2 410 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,446 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Components layout scheme squareroot 1 375 12-31-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,733 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,199 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 781 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,600 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,197 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot