Cannot update 20210305-0032
I wanted to find the latest Posmarket release....I found this 03-05 release 

I flashed it and I cannot use apt to update, I cannot change the pin, I cannot search the app store, does anyone know what I am missing?
(03-05-2021, 05:31 AM)mw4jet Wrote: I wanted to find the latest Posmarket release....I found this 03-05 release 

I flashed it and I cannot use apt to update, I cannot change the pin, I cannot search the app store, does anyone know what I am missing?
Well, you are missing the Linux distribution that uses apt to update. PostmarketOS is based on Alpine and you use "apk" instead of "apt" there. Its documentation is currently offline but I guess it'll reappear, anyway you'll find how to update via the search engine of your choice. If I remember correctly, it was something along "apk upgrade -U". Good luck.
If you insist on using "apt", you're at the wrong subforum here, and you'll find more help over there.

The "app store" seems somewhat broken on PostmarketOS at the moment, it only shows software which is preinstalled. I've seen a issue ticket for that somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Anyway, you can search for available software with "apk search" and install it with "apk add".
(03-05-2021, 10:15 AM)Maus Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 05:31 AM)mw4jet Wrote: I wanted to find the latest Posmarket release....I found this 03-05 release 

Well, you are missing the Linux distribution that uses apt to update. PostmarketOS is based on Alpine and you use "apk" instead of "apt" there. Its documentation is currently offline but I guess it'll reappear, anyway you'll find how to update via the search engine of your choice. If I remember correctly, it was something along "apk upgrade -U". Good luck.
If you insist on using "apt", you're at the wrong subforum here, and you'll find more help over there.

The "app store" seems somewhat broken on PostmarketOS at the moment, it only shows software which is preinstalled. I've seen a issue ticket for that somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Anyway, you can search for available software with "apk search" and install it with "apk add".
Thank you for the response, I looked around, not sure if I am up to learning how to find software, adding it like that isn't too bad. I am familiar with apt from running a headless Ubuntu server, I did add a file manager app that is nicer than the stock one, but I can't delete the other one! Oh well, I will look around a bit before I give up on Postmarket, the phone and messaging seem to work pretty well though, so I want to at least try before I go and sell it and wait for a phone that works....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pmos/phosh edge update and audio disappears robthebold 9 5,455 07-10-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  Cannot update chadwick 2 3,029 11-16-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: chadwick
  No sound on edge posh since an update 2 days ago ? winktheman 2 3,309 05-27-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: winktheman
  Is a Software update the same as instaling an updated image Word5 1 2,920 09-19-2020, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jmorris
  How to update U-Boot for PostmarketOS on the PinePhone and much more! dustfinger 2 4,492 08-21-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: bingo600