NetworkManager
Ran into something odd, and wonder if I am the only one.  Or, perhaps, if there is an easy fix.

I have the Pinebook Pro ANSI, Manjaro 21.02 XFCE running the Pinebook Pro kernel 5.7.19-1.

(BTW: I thought the Debian it came with was great, but I like Manjaro even better on this platform. The job on both hardware and software is just impressive!!! )

Since about three updates ago my NetworkManager has been unreliable on boot.  By that I mean there is about a 66% chance it will work just fine, but a 34% chance it will not start on boot.  All it takes to fix that is open a terminal and run "sudo NetworkManager start" and it comes up and everything is great. The next startup might be fine, or I might have to kick it up manually again. 

Any ideas?
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)
(03-02-2021, 01:26 PM)wpeckham Wrote: Ran into something odd, and wonder if I am the only one.  Or, perhaps, if there is an easy fix.

I have the Pinebook Pro ANSI, Manjaro 21.02 XFCE running the Pinebook Pro kernel 5.7.19-1.

(BTW: I thought the Debian it came with was great, but I like Manjaro even better on this platform. The job on both hardware and software is just impressive!!! )

Since about three updates ago my NetworkManager has been unreliable on boot.  By that I mean there is about a 66% chance it will work just fine, but a 34% chance it will not start on boot.  All it takes to fix that is open a terminal and run "sudo NetworkManager start" and it comes up and everything is great. The next startup might be fine, or I might have to kick it up manually again. 

Any ideas?
Update: NetworkManager update arrived 2021-03-07 moriing EST.  It made no difference to the problem.  
I placed a small script doing a "sudo NetworkManager Start" called form my .profile, and that works around the issue.  

Would prefer the RIGHT way to resolve the issue, so I will be testing after every software update to see if one makes a difference.
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  networkmanager-l2tp on Manjaro 20.04 EricL 2 3,444 12-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Last Post: EricL
  Hibernate Manjaro -> NetworkManager doesn't start anymore Gerhard 8 7,308 01-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: tophneal