Pine64 doesn't respect its return and refund policy?
Hi,

I would like to return and get a refund on my items but the support doesn't want to respect its policy about it, instead they either ghost me or bounce me around sales@pine64.org and ach claiming it's the other support that deal with this...

During one exchange they even told me to sell my items on ebay, I am still within 15 days the return and refund policy.

Any idea on how to deal with this situation?
A few things:

1. This kind of customer relations situation is exactly why they now have a community and third-party price, where you are paying for these additional services. This customer support costs time and money, so it the buyers have to pay more.

2. These devices are build-to-order and in many cases are prototypes. Generally I think of it more as trying to return a Kickstarter project - it's just not going to be possible.

3. Pine don't have warehouses (as far as I know) to save costs - storing stuff costs money and that would have to be passed on to buyers. The only place you could really return the device might even be somebody's home.

That all said, I think more needs to be done to support the devices that arrive broken or break shortly after purchasing. For example, a tonne of Pinecils seem to have died through normal reasonable use and now people are stuck with almost brand new dead devices. I know of at least one PineTab that had it's battery bloat - which shouldn't be possible in a reasonable scenario.

And then of course there were all of the first gen phones that needed tonnes of mods to get basic hardware working, requiring soldering work that many couldn't do. I doubt Pine would have been capable of recalling all those devices anyway and that would have spelt the end for the project.

At the very least I think it just needs to be spelled out _exactly_ what support can be expected and in what scenarios.
(03-02-2021, 02:25 AM)EverlyWyatt Wrote: Hi,

I would like to return and get a refund on my items but the support doesn't want to respect its policy about it, instead they either ghost me or bounce me around sales@pine64.org and ach claiming it's the other support that deal with this...

During one exchange they even told me to sell my items on ebay, I am still within 15 days the return and refund policy.

Any idea on how to deal with this situation?

I can't really do anything directly to help you there, but what device/issue did you have?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
This thread makes me nervous. I just received a new pine64 and it's bricked. Only red or an orange light without SD flash OS, with the OS on SD there is a green light but no activity. I really hope this isn't a very complicated scam because with shipping it has now cost me over $300.00. Not a good first impression.
(02-01-2022, 05:56 PM)migaligaz Wrote: This thread makes me nervous. I just received a new pine64 and it's bricked. Only red or an orange light without SD flash OS, with the OS on SD there is a green light but no activity. I really hope this isn't a very complicated scam because with shipping it has now cost me over $300.00. Not a good first impression.

Are you still pining over your pine? It seemed rather un-brickable even for a smooth brain like myself. Im keen to make the purchase, will be happy if it makes a call to be frank. Did you get anywhere with it?
Lightbulb 
I bought a Pine phone last year, loved it, but couldnt find a carrier at that time.  I resold it on ebay after a week and made money...  The suggestion to sell instead of returning can be the best option, IMHO.
Look carefully at the last sentence in OP. They returned 2 days after making the post and edited it, I would bet money they inserted that link at that time. They are a spammer, pure and simple.

I have flagged the post as spam, but I hope mods can just edit out the link rather than nuke the whole thread, so other people who responded (likely in good faith) can see what happened.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(03-02-2021, 02:51 AM)KC9UDX Wrote: Let's try this:

"tllim"

Your AT sign vanishes your posting.  just a FYI
Ancient teacher (Secondary Field Science/Math), Warrior (USARNG- RET SSG), and IT warrior (30+ years Coder, Network/Systems Administrator, general house geek). 
Pinebook Pro user (Debian, Manjaro)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to connect to Pine64 IRC channel due to certificate error? Must-Borrow 1 248 03-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Must-Borrow
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster Theirat1991 2 416 01-17-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: damiarobber
  PINE64 EU / Disappointment yoriel79 1 751 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: meekice
  How is it going Pine64.org? Corfromleuven 2 929 12-23-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: polinkuer12
  Registering my 'nick' on Pine64's IRC network diederik 5 1,071 11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ilebagels
  pine64 opensource dumbphone Phie 13 3,537 08-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Phie
  Possible new Pine64 product - Pine Blue Ray DVD Linux tv box Omnios 5 1,394 07-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Omnios
  My Pine64 Logo Re-Design & Thoughts About A New Logo me! 0 674 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: me!
  Which Pine64 single-board computer has NO on-board wireless modules? peteressive 2 1,233 03-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: peteressive