Just got pine 64 can't boot
I installed Mobian got green light and keyboard. Appears like it needs password to get in but the password I created won't work. Please help. Old dumb Nam Vet Atty.Doug
(03-01-2021, 02:06 PM)Doug Embrey Wrote: I installed Mobian got green light and keyboard. Appears like it needs password to get in but the password I created won't work. Please help. Old dumb Nam Vet Atty.Doug

Try 123456
I'm having the same issue and none of the passwords that should work are working such as 1234, 123456, root, admin
tllim Wrote:
Doug Embrey Wrote:I installed Mobian got green light and keyboard. Appears like it needs password to get in but the password I created won't work. Please help. Old dumb Nam Vet Atty.Doug

Try 123456

I went to forum and they stated the boot program in the phone is "broken." 
I am old and not computer savy enuf to flash and all those procedures. Please send RMA and I'll wait till I can get one that is not DOA. 2nd Request. Doug Embrey
I really could use some guidance. First linux phone, pinephone with majaro. I can't do anything. Make phone call or even let me create a email. Got the phone. What's my next step
(11-07-2021, 11:54 PM)Da New Guy Wrote: I really could use some guidance. First linux phone, pinephone with majaro. I can't do anything. Make phone call or even let me create a email. Got the phone. What's my next step

Ahem, I could not agree more. If you can't boot, then I don't know how to help, but if you are like me and wondered, what the heck you can do with the desktop after unboxing the phone, the variety of curiously named applications and looked for the simplest functionality, like an email client, then the following may help. I hope you know how to ssh into this device, because trying it from the device keyboard is a pain in the ar..Wink

So if you can at least connect to wifi that will be good.  As I recall that is part of the user interface under "settings". I apologize if the following is too simplistic.  If you know linux, then get the device ip address and ssh into it with the username and pin code (now also your ssh password) that
you registered when you first started the phone.  

Here's a little more detail if you care for it,
I found this link very useful https://dnetc.net/basic-commands-for-new...d-manjaro/   which details how one can update the device and install various applications.
If you don't know linux then try this...
Find the application called terminal.  It will look like a black rectangle with a > sign on it. Tap to start it and type  ip addr. Look for the line that follows the word wlan.. Somewhere it will have numbers starting with 172.16, 192.168, 10.0
Record the entire sequence (for example 192.168.1.33) and go to your computer.

If you have a mac, or a linux box go to the terminal again.  If you are using Windows, you will need to use Putty https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta...ham/putty/ 

Now using the dnetc.net link above type pacman -SyThis will synchronise the repositories (locations where updated software resides with the locations that came with your phone) and then update your software on your phone with sudo pacman -Syyu . If you are asked for your password, it's the same one you log into your phone with.    Now you will update everything that is on your phone with the latest material including the operating system and the applications.

I hope this helps and I apologise if I have made this too simplistic if you already know your way around Linux.

What this experience has told me is that the pinephone is not a phone you can really trust from the get go.  It has some rather daft issues like the screen brightness cannot be adjusted from the settings widget, it is slow, but at least it provides some privacy.   To be honest I was expecting more but perhaps after working with it for some time, I can find a way to really make it work. AFAIK it does not have a working email client which seems like a big mistake and the interaction with the screen is something that can become annoying because windows dont behave as you might expect etc.

On a separate note, I wonder if anyone knew that some of the 1st linux watches were made at IBM Research in the late 90's
https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/resear...hp?id=6101
It is not D.O.A. with a green light at boot and a password prompt coming up.

Please see this link for Mobian:

https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=install
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
You can root as admin.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,749 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 307 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 792 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,616 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 995 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,422 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Boot screen stuck at 'K' because of firmware deleted. poundantisec 9 5,010 08-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone won't boot. spha 12 2,466 08-20-2023, 02:44 AM
Last Post: spha
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,345 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc