1.2b boards for BH people
I missed getting a replacement board for my BH edition phone. Is there going to be any more in stock?

What was the deal with the cheap price? Were you making a loss at that price or not?

If not, can you extend that price to any BH owner that needs a replacement board?

Ashley
+1 to OP's question, but for UT Community Edition. (Probably will have same answer... )

Also, what is the best way to stay 100% notified if /when new upgrade boards become available for sale through the store? They seem to go pretty quick once in stock.

Thanks!
(03-01-2021, 07:38 AM)ashleymills Wrote: I missed getting a replacement board for my BH edition phone. Is there going to be any more in stock?

What was the deal with the cheap price? Were you making a loss at that price or not?

If not, can you extend that price to any BH owner that needs a replacement board?

Ashley

I believe the cheaper price was indeed being sold at a loss only to Braveheart and UBPorts Community edition users, until the end of 2020 or until they ran out of stock (whichever happened first). They announced it multiple times and in the monthly blog at some point, so I don't think there will be any sort of extension.

That said, the full cost of a replacement board is still a pretty fair deal.

I have the UBPorts community edition, but I personally chose to hold off until my phone was about a year old just in case they were to announce yet another hardware revision, or maybe one with 64GB emmc. Mine still works well enough, I just can't charge mine very well while using USB accessories.
(03-01-2021, 01:12 PM)gamerminstrel Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 07:38 AM)ashleymills Wrote: I missed getting a replacement board for my BH edition phone. Is there going to be any more in stock?

Ashley

I believe the cheaper price was indeed being sold at a loss only to Braveheart and UBPorts Community edition users, until the end of 2020 or until they ran out of stock (whichever happened first). They announced it multiple times and in the monthly blog at some point, so I don't think there will be any sort of extension.

That said, the full cost of a replacement board is still a pretty fair deal.

I have the UBPorts community edition, but I personally chose to hold off until my phone was about a year old just in case they were to announce yet another hardware revision, or maybe one with 64GB emmc. Mine still works well enough, I just can't charge mine very well while using USB accessories.

I'd totally be willing to pay full cost for a replacement board, especially if it comes with specs like what you mention, no problem. I just need to keep a super close eye on blog updates and forum posts so I don't miss out, because things go fast!
My 3gb board turned up today and it seemed dead after install - but it turns out there is no image flashed to the emmc. Tried my pre-existing sd card and it booted up fine.

Just a gotcha for those coming from braveheart devices and expecting a preflashed test image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink When will Pine store offer 1.2a rev boards? pajux 8 7,476 11-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Last Post: bcnaz