Finding and adding new programs/apps
After what has seemed like a very long time with little to show for the efforts, I burned a new download of Manjaro to a micro USB card and put it in the PBP.  Powered it on and Manjaro got installed.  Seems to be working as it should.  Minor problem; can't seem to find or install an email program/app where I could send and receive email on the laptop.  The WiFi works and has connected to the home network.  Ultimate goal would be to use the laptop for portable and travel operations.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.
James Good
Have you tried Thunderbird?
(02-26-2021, 04:16 PM)James Good Wrote: After what has seemed like a very long time with little to show for the efforts, I burned a new download of Manjaro to a micro USB card and put it in the PBP.  Powered it on and Manjaro got installed.  Seems to be working as it should.  Minor problem; can't seem to find or install an email program/app where I could send and receive email on the laptop.  The WiFi works and has connected to the home network.  Ultimate goal would be to use the laptop for portable and travel operations.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.
James Good

There are a bunch of different GUI tools for finding software on linux nowadays, but I haven't really used any of them. The traditional solution, which works quite well for me, is to use the command-line package manager. Open a terminal and issue something like
Code:
pacman -Ss email
to search for packages whose name or description contains the word "email". When you find one you like, you can use
Code:
sudo pacman -S <package-name>
to install it.
I would go to the Launcher, Settings or System, start the Add/Remove Software.  Then you can Brose from the top by Category, then View ( this opens drop down list) and then you can sort those by other criteria.
Once you find something you want to try,on the right is  an Install button, at the bottom right is Apply.  Click  that, once it is done, you can then find that program via the Launcher.
Have you gone through all the Menus and Submenus from the Launcher?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How are people finding the type-A USB 3.0 port? chris88233 1 945 10-01-2022, 01:04 AM
Last Post: LivingLinux
  I'm unable to open downloaded programs hayduke 9 7,725 06-09-2021, 02:34 PM
Last Post: jiyong
  Why can't Pinebook Pro have TOR browser and other programs? SanjevR 7 7,531 12-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: nas
  Programs that should run on Pinebook Pro pin 6 7,011 02-19-2020, 07:10 AM
Last Post: pin