KDE Keyboard -- CTRL / ALT keys in Konsole
Hi, I'd like to exit/save a document in Nano but the Plasmanjaro keyboard won't allow it.  Can I use something like xdotool and set a "quick action" in qmlKonsole that sends the Ctrl-x key combo?

or

Is there an xdotool equivalent for wayland ?

or

Any other way to get Ctrl and Alt key functionality in the KDE virtual keyboard?  Shy

Thanks.
(02-21-2021, 08:59 AM)MtnSk8 Wrote: Hi, I'd like to exit/save a document in Nano but the Plasmanjaro keyboard won't allow it.  Can I use something like xdotool and set a "quick action" in qmlKonsole that sends the Ctrl-x key combo?

@MtnSk8 

I was slightly puzzled by the qmlkonsole virtual keyboard having just installed Manjaro Plasma Mobile - I've been using Mobian for a while now.

I just noticed that the top 'bar' scrolls left and right with Ctrl Alt Esc Tab etc keys just after the Hamburger.

I just pressed Ctrl and it stays highlighted until you press it again, so it should work as expected...

Ha ha ha, I just tried it and it does not work, see this bug report

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i.../issues/23

I tried the Actions but that didn't work either , it just pastes the text in nano....

I guess we have to wait for coders to bug fix eventually.

I think a lot of us just SSH from our laptop / desktop, that makes things a lot easier.
If you're on the move, though, I agree you'd expect the virtual keyboard to work.

I'm sure the commit will be merged into master and we'll get the update at some stage, hopefully soon.
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
I got spoiled using Mobian with the terminal keyboard always available. Big Grin 

Thanks for the reply.
Smile 
Cheers!
(02-21-2021, 11:09 PM)MtnSk8 Wrote: I got spoiled using Mobian with the terminal keyboard always available. Big Grin 

Thanks for the reply.
Smile 
Cheers!

Actually, correct bug report is here (the QMLKonsole git):
https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/qml...-/issues/1

So patch above is not to the original project git so it will never come.

It would be good for someone with an account with kde.org to mention the above proposed code.

Do the Manjaro guys check this forum or stick to their own?

I just figured out how to modify the Mobian squeekboard keyboard, wondering about the Plasma Mobile one.
Mobian one doesn't seem to cater for Caps Lock, though, so I created a Capslock key that takes you to an uppercase keyboard.

I must say I'm no fan of fragmentation, so Pine64 choosing a desktop environment should be a good thing.
Shame there isn't a desktop environment subsection for Manjaro on Pinephone (same about ugly Manjaro forum).

I switched to terminator, which I use on my laptop and had installed on Mobian, too.
I use to run a script via a desktop launcher.

Interestingly the terminator keyboard does NOT have the top scroll line that qmlKonsole has, so what I really want to know is how to modify the original virtual keyboard to add relevant navigation keys etc. Pretty basic for a touchscreen device.....

Does anybody know?
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
As a workaround, I've found that if you press Esc twice before pressing Ctrl, it works as expected (at least in nano). Might help anyone else stumbling upon this thread from Google/DDG.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No keyboard in Signal Desktop Kimberley van Buyten 4 2,268 10-16-2022, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Where do the keyboard layouts go? Eugo 1 1,038 08-31-2022, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Eugo
Sad Latest Manjaro breaks Keyboard Case (Again)? hollerpots 4 2,632 06-17-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: hollerpots
  Vivaldi Browser doesn't start keyboard for text entry tckosvic 1 1,931 05-24-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: grump_fiddle_reinstall
  How to convert your pinephone to a palmtop now that you have the clamshell keyboard rotwang 3 2,945 05-09-2022, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,012 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Ctrl-O on virtual keyboard not working in nano PJK2012 3 3,050 11-11-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: PJK2012
  open on-screen keyboard at will yogo1212 2 2,807 06-12-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: ryo
  How to close app when using dock/mouse/keyboard/ext display? alx27 0 1,201 05-27-2021, 06:09 AM
Last Post: alx27
  How to disable vibration feedback on the touch keyboard? punchy88 0 1,690 11-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Last Post: punchy88