Sylpheed, Nextcloud Screensize not for Mobile
Hello,
i installed sylpheed and nextcloud from the software-menu, but the programs are not usable, because the screensize does not fit
the mobile screen. 
I hope that i am right here.
This can be caused by programs not ready for phone resolution.
I solved this with Evolution by running:
Code:
scale-to-fit Evolution on

Try this on your apps as well. It is not ideal solution but should work for now.
This command does not help to solve the screensize problems.
Programs that does not work on pinephone should not be in the software repository.
i think you have a misunderstanding of the app store on your phone. whatever os you're running on your pinephone is not so strictly maintained that the devs are controlling what is and isn't in the app store. the app store in phosh is essentially the same thing as Gnome Software Center, made to accomodate device screens. the apps inside are the same across both platforms, mobile and desktop. some run on aarch64, some don't, just as some scale and some don't. the responsibility of this does not belong with the devs, of whatever os you choose, to filter every single app. it would be more apt to report your scaling issues to the devs of those particular apps you're unable to scale.
"work on pinephone" is also open to interpretation - what if it doesn't work well on the phone screen but is great with the USB dock adapter, mouse and keyboard? I'd rather have everything than be artificially restricted by someone else's idea of what 'works.'
I've been able to get Nextcloud to work on my Pinephone running Debian. I wouldn't say it was easy though. Took a lot of messing around with the screen size and Phosh's settings in the phosh.ini file to get it to fit to where I could interact with the windows. It honestly sucked but I got it to sync. There's a CLI for Nextcloud too, but I think it only works if you have the app already running and in the background. Remember, there's no tray icon for this app (Phosh doesn't support that). So it'll be running in the background, but you can't interact with it unless you use the CLI from what I understand.
(02-24-2021, 11:36 AM)pagesix1536 Wrote: I've been able to get Nextcloud to work on my Pinephone running Debian.  I wouldn't say it was easy though.  Took a lot of messing around with the screen size and Phosh's settings in the phosh.ini file to get it to fit to where I could interact with the windows.  It honestly sucked but I got it to sync.  There's a CLI for Nextcloud too, but I think it only works if you have the app already running and in the background.  Remember, there's no tray icon for this app (Phosh doesn't support that).  So it'll be running in the background, but you can't interact with it unless you use the CLI from what I understand.
That's interesting. Tell me more about editing the .INI file please? Can this be done with other apps? What exactly do you edit to make them fit to mobile? I have been able to get a lot of things to work with scale-to-fit but some are still a bit hard to use without turning the phone back and forth in landscape and portrait and that doesn't make for a great user experience.

Thanks for any info.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile internet via cellular network mostly not working Anna 18 9,711 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Block firefix-esr-mobile-config from (re)installing itself grump_fiddle_reinstall 3 1,452 01-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: dcarvil
  Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts mark1250 3 1,293 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mark1250
Exclamation No modems were found: No mobile data, no 2G anonymous 2 1,269 12-26-2022, 06:46 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  very slow processing of MMS received via Ting (T-Mobile) treebeard 6 2,357 12-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: traut
  DNS Problems with Mobile Data arno_nuehm 29 16,308 10-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: treebeard
  Amberol Mobile Music player(flatpak) biketool 0 882 06-19-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: biketool
  sharing mobile data through usb tethering deb75 7 4,076 02-26-2022, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Reskinning Apps for Mobile biketool 6 3,286 12-05-2021, 02:30 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Mobile network mode setting not saved Zebulon Walton 3 2,967 12-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bcnaz