Wake up from charging problem
Bug 
Hello,
I am running latest Mobian on PinePhone Mobian edition.
In the evening (cca 22:00) I put phone with battery level at around 10-20% on 5V/2A charger. In the morning (cca 6:00) the phone is charged but not responding. Screen is black and device does not react to power button or display tap (the screen does not even light-up, just stays off).
To get the phone up and running I have to perform hard reset (PWR button press for 8s to turn off and then 2s to turn on again).
My guess is Mobian enters something like "deep sleep" mode, not sure if caused by system or Phosh.

I have auto sleep set only for battery and turned off for charger.

According to my observation this happens only when battery hits 100%. I tried to wake up phone during charging several times and last wake up was at about 96% battery charge and then few minutes later the phone did not wake up.

Do you have any idea what could cause the issue?
Can I prevent this? I did not try offline charging yet.

Thanks
Update:
After few reboots yesterday the phone refused to boot again. Stuck on green LED light.

So I downloaded and flashed to eMMC a newest image - mobian-pinephone-phosh-20210216.img and tried again - this did not solve the charging problem though.
(02-18-2021, 11:31 PM)j4n3z Wrote: Update:
After few reboots yesterday the phone refused to boot again. Stuck on green LED light.

So I downloaded and flashed to eMMC a newest image - mobian-pinephone-phosh-20210216.img and tried again - this did not solve the charging problem though.

In the case of 'green led', you can try to remove the battery, for me it's working.
(02-19-2021, 09:33 AM)Gribouille Wrote:

In the case of 'green led', you can try to remove the battery, for me it's working.
Yeah, I did this several times before. This time no change after several battery removals and waiting for about 5min average. Reflashing system solved green light problem but I am still unable to solve the main issue - Mobian does not wake up after full charging over night.
(02-19-2021, 02:36 PM)j4n3z Wrote:

Yeah, I did this several times before. This time no change after several battery removals and waiting for about 5min average. Reflashing system solved green light problem but I am still unable to solve the main issue - Mobian does not wake up after full charging over night.
Have you updated the latest modem manege and phone app upgrades that rolled out on the 18th?

Run the updates through the terminal and don't let your phone screen lock when the updates are installing. Keep tapping on the terminal screen will work.

sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove
(02-19-2021, 07:35 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 02:36 PM)j4n3z Wrote:

Have you updated the latest modem manege and phone app upgrades that rolled out on the 18th?

Run the updates through the terminal and don't let your phone screen lock when the updates are installing. Keep tapping on the terminal screen will work.

sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove
Yesterday as I was responding the system was up to date. Now I did these commands again and upgraded 3 packages.

However I am not sure which of these should solve the problem?
Code:
libselinux:arm64
libfuse3-3:arm64
man-db:arm64
fuse3:arm64
libmalcontent-ui-0-0:arm64
libmalcontent-0-0:arm64
libopenjp2-7:arm64

These should be everything according to apt log which were upgraded since last charging over night. I will try to perform full charge again ASAP.
OK, so I tested on updated system and spotted no difference in behaviour. Through the day I managed to drain battery twice so I performed 2 full charges and both of them ended in inability to wake up. I had to reboot the device
(02-21-2021, 05:17 AM)j4n3z Wrote: OK, so I tested on updated system and spotted no difference in behaviour. Through the day I managed to drain battery twice so I performed 2 full charges and both of them ended in inability to wake up. I had to reboot the device

Hi,
don't know from which image you started, but maybe you should check if crust firmware is still properly installed on your system.
Try:
Code:
sudo dpkg --list crust*

A few weeks ago some packages got re-arranged, and coming from a base image published in Dec. 2020, i realized it got lost on my device at some point during my weekly update processes.
You should just check... and re-install crust if necessary

Regards,
scholbert
(02-21-2021, 10:12 AM)scholber Wrote: You should just check... and re-install crust if necessary

If a reflash does not fix it, it cold be indeed due to a) CRUST (likely as it is involved in suspend) b) modem firmware (have you updated it?)
(02-21-2021, 10:12 AM)scholbert Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 05:17 AM)j4n3z Wrote: OK, so I tested on updated system and spotted no difference in behaviour. Through the day I managed to drain battery twice so I performed 2 full charges and both of them ended in inability to wake up. I had to reboot the device

Hi,
don't know from which image you started, but maybe you should check if crust firmware is still properly installed on your system.
Try:
Code:
sudo dpkg --list crust*

A few weeks ago some packages got re-arranged, and coming from a base image published in Dec. 2020, i realized it got lost on my device at some point during my weekly update processes.
You should just check... and re-install crust if necessary

Regards,
scholbert

I flashed mobian-pinephone-phosh-20210216.img but dpkg returned nothing. So I installed crust-firmware and try again.
Thanks for helping!

As of firmware update, I followed instructions on Wiki and dmesg did not return message about outdated firmware.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to wake up from suspend xavi92 5 968 10-26-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: xavi92
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,912 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  MODEM - Usb problem & couldn't query SIM slots: QMI protocol freelectro 5 2,599 06-06-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: freelectro
  Best way to wake up and check emails? DrPlamsa 7 5,351 12-31-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: DrPlamsa
  Does tow-boot allow periodic wake from suspension to check for notifications? DrPlamsa 4 2,543 12-31-2022, 10:56 AM
  Is there a smart-wake yet? DrPlamsa 6 2,234 12-31-2022, 10:55 AM
  Battery problem with a Pinephone keyboard and Mobian elode 2 2,102 12-22-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  Problem updating gilwood 5 3,176 06-09-2022, 08:27 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  Gnome Web CSS problem? jojuma 0 780 05-27-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Problem with wifi kubussz 0 838 04-02-2022, 12:57 PM
Last Post: kubussz