Plasma mobile email client
So I recently wandered over to Manjaro Plasma Mobile from Mobian Phosh, and Plasma seems to be working quite well. All the basics are there -- except, unless I'm missing something -- an email client.

Mobian has Geary; is there anything that someone can recommend for my Plasma pleasure?

Thanks in advance!
I saw some upstream chatter about porting Kube over to Plasma Mobile (but imo it's definitely not usable in its current state with the touchscreen - needs a mouse).

I personally still use geary-mobile on Plasma Mobile 

Code:
sudo pacman -S geary-mobile

With geary, once you set up an email account, you might experience the app displaying a Gtk error dialog and then crashing at startup (the error quickly disappears). It's most likely complaining about being unable to open the keyring because gnome-keyring-daemon isn't started by KDE. To fix this, start gnome-keyring-daemon at the console (trigger it with startup scripts, as you desire):

Code:
gnome-keyring-daemon -r -d
what about Dekko?
(02-17-2021, 04:51 AM)paju1986 Wrote: what about Dekko?

Is this available on manjaro? It looks pretty decent and mobile friendly.. Work with gmail?
Is dekko available for manjaro?
(02-27-2021, 04:52 AM)gibbz Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:51 AM)paju1986 Wrote: what about Dekko?

Is this available on manjaro? It looks pretty decent and mobile friendly.. Work with gmail?

(02-27-2021, 04:56 AM)gibbz Wrote: Is dekko available for manjaro?

That's what I thought when I saw the KDE bug about it; unfortunately it looks like out of those three listed (Dekko, Kube and Kirigami), only Kube is available and it doesn't seem scale (or even work) all too well. If anyone manages to get good results out of it, let us know.
Are you talking about this Dekko?

https://gitlab.com/dekkoproject/dekko (oops, sorry, just now read your link, and indeed we're talking about the same software)

I think the original Dekko is no longer being developed. I used its fork/rewrite Dekko2 on Ubuntu Touch for about a year until last September. It is still not at feature parity with the original Dekko, and missing a crucial functionality to make it a truly usable email client: integration with contacts. There is no contact book in Dekko2, and it only partially integrate with the system's contacts. Sending an email to a single contact from the Contacts app works, but if you want to add other recipients to the email, you have to enter them manually or laboriously copy from the Contacts app and paste in Dekko2.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the status of the GPS on plasma mobile? Athansor 0 40 11 hours ago
Last Post: Athansor
  Ensure Up To Date - Manjaro Plasma Discover Package Manager Sources Linux2thabone 0 99 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Linux2thabone
  Manjaro/Plasma Mobile, Lock Screen issues after update gamerminstrel 2 161 05-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Last Post: kat22
  Does siglo not work in manjaro plasma? Athansor 0 72 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Athansor
  Warning - Do not use Plasma Mobile Settings -> Screen application for now acrux 1 277 05-01-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: nimji
  Manjaro (Plasma OS) bugs/ issues FOSSagent0 7 727 04-28-2021, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ManuelBoe
  SD Card Mounting /formating (Manjaro, Plasma Mobile OS) FOSSagent0 3 247 04-27-2021, 04:33 AM
Last Post: acrux
  xmpp&jabber client for Manjaro Plasma mobile acrux 7 569 04-13-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: p1trson
  Plasma Mobile telephony broken? Testing / Unstable dcinoz 4 688 03-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Plasma Mobile, Nextcloud account Uturn 1 361 03-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Veraendert