8000mAh battery
I've spent several hours looking through the forum here, but I cannot find any word, (official or not), on the status of the 8000mAh batteries some of us have ordered. My question is simple, have they started shipping yet? I haven't seen anyone in the forums here or on Kickstarter mention that they have received their batteries. My understanding, according to what I could find in the updates, was that the Pine64 Team had the batteries and had worked out a solution to shipping them to backers here in the U.S..

Anyone have an idea of this? I already received my 2GB board, RTC battery case, LCD touchscreen, and the wifi/BT module. I'm simply waiting on the 8000mAh battery and the PlayBox Enclosure, (which I already know won't come until around August).

I am having fun Cool  playing around with the board currently, and as everyone else probably knows, only the one version of Android, (designed for the LCD screen), works on the board.

Thanks everyone. Big Grin
(06-09-2016, 09:12 AM)Paladin Wrote: I've spent several hours looking through the forum here, but I cannot find any word, (official or not), on the status of the 8000mAh batteries some of us have ordered. My question is simple, have they started shipping yet? I haven't seen anyone in the forums here or on Kickstarter mention that they have received their batteries. My understanding, according to what I could find in the updates, was that the Pine64 Team had the batteries and had worked out a solution to shipping them to backers here in the U.S..

Anyone have an idea of this? I already received my 2GB board, RTC battery case, LCD touchscreen, and the wifi/BT module. I'm simply waiting on the 8000mAh battery and the PlayBox Enclosure, (which I already know won't come until around August).

I am having fun Cool  playing around with the board currently, and as everyone else probably knows, only the one version of Android, (designed for the LCD screen), works on the board.

Thanks everyone. Big Grin

From the last kickstarter update may 27th. 

Quote:Lithium Batteries

Lithium batteries (if you ordered them) for USA will be dispatched Monday, May 30th, 2016 separately from your package as we needed to follow specific shipping protocols for lithium batteries. EU shipments of batteries will also dispatch next week. 
So everyone who ordered them, (in the U.S.), should get them very soon as according to an earlier update, those batteries are located at the Pine64 teams facility here in the U.S.
(06-09-2016, 02:24 PM)Paladin Wrote: So everyone who ordered them, (in the U.S.), should get them very soon as according to an earlier update, those batteries are located at the Pine64 teams facility here in the U.S.

All the Lithium Batteries for US backer, already in California warehouse and already starts ship out. For EU countries, we have sent out few shipments to backers in various EU countries using TNT service to make sure on success delivery. We will review the results on next week and make a dispatch decision.  There are new Lithium batteries shipment rules imposed on April 1 and every companies need to comply. One new requirement is the battery sleeve needs to be fireproof, luckily our battery comply but still need to make a lab test for approval paper.
I was just notified by USPS that my battery was shipped yesterday and should arrive Friday. One piece down, Only the case left to go.
(06-15-2016, 12:33 PM)jjmgryphon Wrote: I was just notified by USPS that my battery was shipped yesterday and should arrive Friday.  One piece down, Only the case left to go.

USPS is also showing that a package is on its way to me, expected to be delivered on Friday also. It looks like it was shipped from Milpitas, CA - is that where yours is coming from?
Milpitas is the place, yes.
Great, can't wait to see it!
My battery was delivered today. Looking forward to seeing the rest of my pine64 stuff soon Smile
Mine was delivered today as well. Works great. On plug in i'm at 75% charge.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone without battery to bypass restrictions of some transporters ilyaigpetrov 2 2,183 06-20-2022, 05:34 AM
Last Post: ilyaigpetrov
  Litium battery outside the USA? trondkj 4 6,813 11-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Exclamation swollen battery need assistance mbround18 7 10,225 08-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Only received the battery. Still waiting on Early-Bird February Pledge items bdiddleski 3 5,434 06-28-2016, 03:35 AM
Last Post: tllim