Telegram installation
I'm having troubles installing Telegram on archlinux-pinephone-phosh-20210124.
In Chats\Preferences when I tap Telegram the phone reboots almost always. If I can add my telegram user ID, I've no clue about the Telegram password required.

If I try to install telegram Desktop, the phone remain stuck in Pending Installation.
Any idea on how to solve these issues?

I'm new to Linux despite I'm an old (and retired) system engineer with experience about hp-ux.
Thanks
Sorry for slow reply - only just noticed this thread.

I have no problem installing telegram desktop on a fresh Arch installation

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S telegram-desktop

is all I do. When I start Telegram I put in my mobile number - usually needs a few tries on the send buttom but either I get an SMS with a code or if another of mu Telegram instances is running on another computer I get a message there with a code.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(02-16-2021, 11:30 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: Sorry for slow reply - only just noticed this thread.

I have no problem installing telegram desktop on a fresh Arch installation

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S telegram-desktop

is all I do. When I start Telegram I put in my mobile number - usually needs a few tries on the send buttom but either I get an SMS with a code or if another of mu Telegram instances is running on another computer I get a message there with a code.

Thanks for the quick replay and the solution. Now Telegram is OK but I get several reboots : I find the overall environment unreliable. I'm still in the phase where I need to decide which OS is the best form my usage. So far PostmarketOS seems to be the best for me.
Pinephone CE
I have just installed Arch 20210214 and pacman update takes it to kernel 5.10.16.

Not sure what element has changed but so far seems significantly snappier than my previous Arch installation.

If it is just phosh crashing (you land back at phosh sign in screen) then it may well be your memory can't cope, see the note just above the checksum on the release page. I run 552.
https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...h/releases
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
(02-17-2021, 07:21 PM)dukla2000 Wrote: I have just installed Arch 20210214 and pacman update takes it to kernel 5.10.16.

Not sure what element has changed but so far seems significantly snappier than my previous Arch installation.

If it is just phosh crashing (you land back at phosh sign in screen) then it may well be your memory can't cope, see the note just above the checksum on the release page. I run 552.
https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...h/releases

I am using mobian and dont understand one thing. If I am installing telegram-desktop  on my pinephone, I am not installing the app but the desktop. I have the desktop running on my mac so how do I get a message from one desktop to the other. Specifically I am stuck in the activation step where even though I have a phone, I cant start telegram until the original message comes through from the phone or the desktop. But both the mac and the phone are running the desktop so I cant start/ activate the app on the phone. Could anyone perhaps provide some guidance ?
Tx
(03-21-2022, 09:34 AM)parry Wrote: ....
If I am installing telegram-desktop  on my pinephone, I am not installing the app but the desktop.

It is effectively the app - I have telegram-desktop running on my PC and about 4 PinePhone installations - they are all the same thing and sync all the messages just fine.

Sometimes a bit of a pain getting going on a new install - especially on PinePhone I don't bother with the QR code and either get a SMS of a message/code on one of my other (open) installations that I can enter.
I thought I had replied to this, but apparently the reply did not get posted.  FIrst, thanks for you effort, but the problem is that
the mac desktop app and the desktop on pinephone both are waiting for a message. 
But I cant send one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 weeks after installation during calls people hear me but i don`t hear anyone 7horns7eyes 10 6,899 01-22-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: kmsgli