PP for EU Only?
(02-13-2021, 05:36 AM)dgdimick Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:54 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:36 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Assuming you have some insight into ordering/shipping,

No, sorry, just a long time Pine64 groupie so somewhat familiar with the batch shipping process and where/when announcements are made.

Yes you will get your phone: I presume a Mobian community edition? Excellent choice, check the shipping thread related to that release. I can't remember if the USA orders were going to make before or after New Year - I think after?

And yes @pinepro, the UK is no longer served from the EU warehouse.
Thanks for your reply,

I ordered the Convergence model, then went a bought the KB, case and Glass from the store. I'm thinking about buying a PineTab as well, I just have to wait and do a bit of research - I want to use it for Ham Radio, and I'm not sure if it will deal with WINE effectively; I've spent ZERO time looking into this.

Having used Linux for a lot longer then I'd normally admit, I bought the phone so I have a hook still into the OS. Stopped doing full time Linux work about 5 years ago when I was forced to medically retire.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like the early days of Linux, a lot of devoted users willing to "suffer" some growing pains to have a product that breaks for Microsoft, and Mac.

I still remember the "good old" days when Linux would randomly reboot, I also remember when the very first GUI was pushed out.
I do have to admit, I made a LOT of money over the years doing nothing buy Linux admin and support.

I have seen people running some HAM/SDR related software, things like gqrx should work like on the desktop or with an external monitor attached. I want to use my Pinephone to maybe make some rig control interface as an example project to learn programming with the new mobile linux app frameworks...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(02-14-2021, 11:07 AM)xalius Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 05:36 AM)dgdimick Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:54 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:36 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Assuming you have some insight into ordering/shipping,

No, sorry, just a long time Pine64 groupie so somewhat familiar with the batch shipping process and where/when announcements are made.

Yes you will get your phone: I presume a Mobian community edition? Excellent choice, check the shipping thread related to that release. I can't remember if the USA orders were going to make before or after New Year - I think after?

And yes @pinepro, the UK is no longer served from the EU warehouse.
Thanks for your reply,

I ordered the Convergence model, then went a bought the KB, case and Glass from the store. I'm thinking about buying a PineTab as well, I just have to wait and do a bit of research - I want to use it for Ham Radio, and I'm not sure if it will deal with WINE effectively; I've spent ZERO time looking into this.

Having used Linux for a lot longer then I'd normally admit, I bought the phone so I have a hook still into the OS. Stopped doing full time Linux work about 5 years ago when I was forced to medically retire.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like the early days of Linux, a lot of devoted users willing to "suffer" some growing pains to have a product that breaks for Microsoft, and Mac.

I still remember the "good old" days when Linux would randomly reboot, I also remember when the very first GUI was pushed out.
I do have to admit, I made a LOT of money over the years doing nothing buy Linux admin and support.

I have seen people running some HAM/SDR related software, things like gqrx should work like on the desktop or with an external monitor attached. I want to use my Pinephone to maybe make some rig control interface as an example project to learn programming with the new mobile linux app frameworks...

I watched a video a few weeks ago in the RTL-SDR site that started this whole madness for me - While I'm waiting I'm downloading from the NOAA sats.
Thanks for the invite, popping on over to the IRC