February image, upgrade to SFOS4
If you have an SFOS existing installation on emmc you can upgrade to SF4.0 by running:
    devel-su
    ssu re 4.0.1.45
    ssu ur
    zypper ref
    zypper dup

this runs fine, but there have been no developments in the last month, so no calls, sporadic sms and no camera. Also, SF4 is still new and buggy so it might be wiser to wait for the official release.
If you upgrade on an SD card it can take several hours.

Otherwise, if you create a new SF 3.4 image using the flash-it script it seems quite problematic, freezes very frequently requiring reboot.
Hmm... :/

I love the Sailfish UX.  Would love to make this my daily driver.

Is there anything new worth upgrading for?
Found the release notes:

https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/release-n...4-0-1/4542

Have to see if Browser or Email work. They just crash on me in 3.4
Sorry, talking to myself here...

I went ahead and upgraded.

Browser doesn't crash immediately anymore but doesn't render anything, either.  Seems to be reading the webpage, it prints javascript errors if run from the command line.  Looks like maybe a GL issue.  Seems like Browser is used by other apps to render certain things.  Those other apps don't crash anymore but they will show me a blank white box instead.

Seems like that might have also been the cause of my Email crash in 3.4 as I can now get it to open a message without crashing but it's blank.  I can then hit reply and see the content of the email.  However, I could only get Email to run on the command line if I launch it without the -prestart flag.  So I removed it from the dbus profile.

EDIT:  Calendar is similarly broken.  Won't run with -prestart..
EDIT:  Calendar is similarly broken.  Won't run with -prestart.
.48 is out.

Somewhere along the way, I lost sound, too.
There are pinephone update in pkcon including pulseaudio so that gave me sound back.
Any info on mobile data with SF4 ?

On SF 3.4, it just stops working after the first reboot, or after being plugged on a computer... and it never comes back afterwards, unless I flash the SD card again. Is that just me, or does that happen to some or all of us ?
(02-24-2021, 06:37 AM)plaristote Wrote: Any info on mobile data with SF4 ?

On SF 3.4, it just stops working after the first reboot, or after being plugged on a computer... and it never comes back afterwards, unless I flash the SD card again. Is that just me, or does that happen to some or all of us ?
recent images from flash-it are highly unstable, subject to freezing, reflashing with the same image isn't going to help. Don't know about mobile data, never put a suitable sim in, but calls and sms don't work either. The dev has a lot of other stuff to do!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAW image output only 32MB and not working Kimberley van Buyten 3 1,847 05-30-2022, 08:00 AM
Last Post: acrux
  flash-it.sh script currently unable to create a SailfishOS image acrux 3 3,461 07-23-2021, 01:06 AM
Last Post: OhneZ
  January image defactofactotum 8 9,015 01-08-2021, 10:27 PM
Last Post: DrPhibes
  December image defactofactotum 3 4,929 12-16-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: defactofactotum
  Fresh image, SIM card working RodneyMyers 22 21,697 09-23-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: sfb