Cancel my order?
At this point, is it possible to cancel my order? I have yet to have been given a tracking number and it doesn't appear that anything has shipped yet, so I'd just like to terminate things. Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks, 
Sean
(06-08-2016, 11:48 AM)DwyerSP Wrote: At this point, is it possible to cancel my order? I have yet to have been given a tracking number and it doesn't appear that anything has shipped yet, so I'd just like to terminate things. Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks, 
Sean

In short, perhaps not. Did you pledge to the kickstarter, or did you order through the Pine64 shop?
(06-08-2016, 12:08 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 11:48 AM)DwyerSP Wrote: At this point, is it possible to cancel my order? I have yet to have been given a tracking number and it doesn't appear that anything has shipped yet, so I'd just like to terminate things. Is there anything I can do? 

Thanks, 
Sean

In short, perhaps not. Did you pledge to the kickstarter, or did you order through the Pine64 shop?

Kickstarter.
(06-08-2016, 12:56 PM)DwyerSP Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 12:08 PM)Ghost Wrote:

Thanks, 
Sean

Kickstarter.

Ok. The tier selection process of kickstarter is not so much an order as it is a pledge. You agree to give a certain amount of money to a person or company to help them fulfil their aim of bringing a certain product to market. The actual rewards you are hoping to receive are considered perks rather than hard and fast purchases. You help a company achieve their goal, and as a reward, you get an item corresponding to your chosen rewards tier. 

But note: these rewards are not set it stone. There is the chance that a kickstarter may fail spectacularly and you get nothing. This does occasionally happen.

Now, in relation to this kickstarter, things have not gone entirely smoothly, but the company (Pine64 Inc) is still endeavoring to fulfil everybody's reward tiers and extras added via Backerkit. The shipping part of the kickstarter could have gone MUCH better, but they are still trying to get everything sorted out. They have not run off with our money to Aruba (at least, TL Lim has not, anyway). 

In short, you cannot cancel a kickstarter pledge, because your pledge was not for rewards so much as it was a contribution towards helping a company reach a goal. It is true that more and more companies are using kickstarter as some kind of pre-order system, and this goes against the spirit of the process somewhat. The allowance of such projects needs to be re-examined by the kickstarter team at some point.

But no, you cannot really cancel your pledge.

Thanks, 
Sean

And right, I understand if a refund isn't possible -- I was just checking. Since there's been such a delay, I've had a lot of time to research single board cpus and I'm starting to feel like I should have gotten the Odroid C2 instead. Plus, I've been reading Pine64 reviews and they haven't done much to build confidence in my purchase.
(06-08-2016, 01:20 PM)DwyerSP Wrote:

Thanks, 
Sean

And right, I understand if a refund isn't possible -- I was just checking. Since there's been such a delay, I've had a lot of time to research single board cpus and I'm starting to feel like I should have gotten the Odroid C2 instead. Plus, I've been reading Pine64 reviews and they haven't done much to build confidence in my purchase.

There are various problems and issues with all SBCs, indeed, with all electronics, if nothing else then Cost to Performance ratio. You have to have a look at what is out there and make your choices. 

At any rate, this Pine64 project has perhaps caused you to become interested in SBCs and to look into the market in more detail. Maybe new ideas and hobbies may emerge from this interest. If so, that would be great.

It is clear that the success of any SBC is largely dependent on the community that exists around it.
(06-08-2016, 01:20 PM)DwyerSP Wrote: ...and I'm starting to feel like I should have gotten the Odroid C2 instead.

I bought an Odroid C2 to keep myself occupied while waiting for my pine64's. It is pretty sweet, but there are still some annoying things about it, and I am still looking forward to the pine64's.

One thing annoying to me, the C2 doesn't have an analog audio-out jack, so I'm using an HDMI->VGA adapter with a splitter, but that puts a high-pitched whine in the sound. Also it doesn't have the camera/LCD/touch panel connectors that the pine has. Besides that, I think the pine64 community has some interesting software ideas/plans that I don't see in the hardkernel community (like Android Marshmallow and Chromium for example).

The pine64 has a lot of potential and I think will still be worth waiting for.
I had one of the more exotic a PINE A64+ with 2 gig and gigabit, with Zwave and the large acrylic case with the nice silver standoffs. I got everything but the Zwave module about a week ago, and the Zwave will ship in the future.

I don't think you should cancel. The backlog should be cleared up soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +PINEBOOK Is it possible to order 14” version rn? Jacobm 2 3,753 11-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Order status, please help johntron25 8 9,967 07-08-2016, 12:40 PM
  Cancel order #8162412 d1000 18 17,209 07-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: montero65
  Cancel my order & give me a refund please RichT 53 55,915 07-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: daveculp
  Order Status prefontaine 3 4,913 06-26-2016, 10:16 PM
  Cancel my order KosakAlmighty 8 10,300 06-20-2016, 03:26 PM
Exclamation Uncancellable order gax1985 1 2,539 06-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Last Post: gax1985
  tracking order ? whttrsh 2 3,666 06-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Last Post: frankg
  Cancel my order# 8161801 pilot zenith 13 13,699 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: JulianM
  Place order got charged but never received confirmation email jmandawg 9 9,877 03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Ghost