What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future?
Other than making and receiving sms and phone calls the thing I use my android phone most for is navigating while driving.  Before making a PinePhone my main phone I will need an alternative to Google Maps.
Linux mint had an idea that I thought was pretty cool. It was basically their Web App Manager. In theory it takes a web page and makes it run and somewhat feel like an app. I have never used this in the desktop environment but could see how this could prove very useful for the mobile application. Since there is currently a shortage of working apps, perhaps pretending the internet is an app might make the environment feel nicer while apps get developed lol.

(Edit: Oh, It looks like TRS-80 already beat me to this suggestion. Oh well. Still a good idea IMHO.)
I'm getting close to actually using this Pinephone, and I'm going to really miss the Blackberry hub. The hub shows all activity from all accounts: email, calls, texts, BBmessenger, whatever. Of course you can tell it to display any one account's activity, but you can go to one place and access everything.

I haven't found anything like this yet on Manjaro or Mobian. Am I missing it?
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.
For now on mobian to get flatpacks do we need to enable unasable?
then
apt install flatpack
then
flatpack install xxxxx?
  Number one :  Polish the existing stuff,

*  The speaker phone sounds fantastic on my Pine phone, at my end,  But I get complaints from the other end.

*  Maybe text/calls notification on the locked screen.

* Working MMS texts,  Not a Must have, but it would be icing on the cake.

* Camera and image software,  Eventually,  I hear Pin Hole will surpass Megapixels,  but WHEN ?

Exclamation  * GPS software that does not need any help from the evil big 'G'

*  A nice GUI ringtone App to make it easy to set for each different caller, Mom, Dad, the kids, the Boss, etc....

* Battery life has improved a whole lot, but I am sure they can squeeze more out of it.

Heart **** My Pine phone does almost everything I want it to do now,  basically just needs some Love and Polish.

*  Worth mentioning 'Network Connections' has sure improved, I am impressed.

In my Pine64 stable :
1Confusedemi-retired Brave Heart, 3TongueMOS convergent, 1:Manjaro convergent, 1:ISO PBP, 1:ANSI PBP
Phosh/Mobian OS,  Phosh/Arch OS,  Phosh/PM OS,  and mrfixit Debian... coming soon Bullseye on the PBP !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(08-03-2021, 09:52 PM)bcnaz Wrote:   Number one :  Polish the existing stuff,

I agree, bcnaz.  There is a whole lot of ``almost good enough,'' and not a lot of ``good enough.''

The number one necessity is that it has to be a reliable phone.

Being able to count on the phone to ring if I get a call in the middle of the night is absolutely necessary for me.
Getting MMS to work transparently would be really nice.
Having the camera work well would definitely be a bonus.

But, until I can be sure that the phone will _always_ ring when I get a call, I really can't rely on it.  This business of occasionally losing track of the modem is a show stopper.  I haven't had it happen yet on Mobian, but somehow I wind up rebooting Mobian way too often, so that problem may be there in the background.
Pinephone beta edition, convergence model, Mobian Bookworm with Phosh.
(02-03-2021, 03:34 AM)kern707 Wrote: What native (mobile optimized) applications would you like to see becoming available for the PinePhone in the near future?

I am not talking about existing applications that are currently not compatible, I am talking about applications that exist on other platforms (such as Android), but are not available for linux phones, and that you would love to have on your PinePhone.

This thread is in order to put together some opinions, that will help developers decide what the end-customer really need / want on their PinePhone, and maybe give it a higher priority.

Any input will be very much appreciated :-)

Element (floss discord-like messenger), OsmAnd+ (openstreetmaps), TOR browser, UnitConverterUltimate (github-physphil), KeePassXC, NewPipe, some mail client that integrates gpg / openkeychain
Any decent email client.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(08-16-2021, 12:52 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: Any decent email client.

I'm partial to mutt but that takes getting used to.
(08-16-2021, 05:34 AM)swiley Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 12:52 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: Any decent email client.

I'm partial to mutt but that takes getting used to.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I was basically responding to the thread topic, I think a decent email client should be a core native application.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 314 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,279 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,539 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 471 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,967 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 389 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,488 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,623 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,686 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 1,000 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma