Battery Charge Status not reporting correctly? (KDE Community Edition)
(02-11-2021, 08:58 PM)Gregorius Techneticies Wrote: So, now that I got Mobian installed (had a random Issue with Jumpdrive, because my SD Card was not flashing properly the first time), I can at least say the Battery is fine and actually reporting properly, because i got it to something above 90%. I guess the KDE Edition is still a lot of work in progress. I got it because Kubuntu happens to be my Desktop Operating System. Wink

What i should say is that it is very hard to find good Information about anything.
Something like a "Common Issues" Section should be existing on the Install Wiki Page for Noob mistakes, like recognizing that the SD Card has not been flashed correctly (black screen with green flashing/blinking light), or that the Battery needs to be filled enough for Jumpdrive to work in the first place (USB not being recognized at all).
Not to mention the lack of a single line of how to use "dd" in command line to flash a specific image quickly and properly, if you are not doing it often (which I had to grab from the Mobian specific Wiki Page). Instead the Wiki says to use your favorite SD Flashing Utility. (and dont forget knowing about "lsblk" to make sure you flash to the right thing)

A lot of things that many common people barely ever do in Linux, are left very hard to discover, even though the PinePhone is an Entry point for many, just like most other Pine64 Products are (similar to Raspberry Pi). This is why I was surprised to find most needed Information off site.

Ofcourse I know that this is only for people who really want to try out things, and can deal with all the Early Access Linux Jank that happens, and I did deal with all this Jank just fine, but it took a lot of time to find certain seemingly trivial things, that many other people should've stumbled into before me.

Ah well, just a mini rant. Everything is fine on my end by now, and I can continue testing some more things in the future. ^^

I'm having an issue where I can't seem to boot from an SD, and the green light you're explaining when booting is basically happening to me. I've used dd and this balena etcher program to flash the image to an SD, I've mounted the SD on my distro just to see if the files were written successfully and they are but no matter what I try (JumpDrive or OS image) I can't seem to get anything to boot.. I'm confident that I've flashed the SD correctly but you explained you were having trouble originally with this what was your solution/issue?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Charge Status not reporting correctly? (KDE Community Edition) - by Giddyup - 02-11-2021, 09:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increasing battery life slondr 8 3,163 03-19-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: aular
Bug Wrong Battery Charge Level Displayed - How to Fix acid andy 7 5,439 06-12-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Genode OS Now Live (finally a battery friendly PP OS?) PineFone 0 1,493 02-04-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PineFone
  Pine phone Battery life vs operating system bcnaz 19 21,563 08-27-2021, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Beta Convergence edition external display? Ferenc 3 2,373 07-28-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Ferenc
  KDE community edition, first feedback Goffi 2 2,927 02-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: treebuilder
  Nav buttons and status drawer no longer visible (KDE Community Edition) heatsink 6 7,054 02-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bshah
  Battery life for various OS & UI lat 8 9,717 12-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Low Battery indication (Manjaro/PostmarketOS with phosh) MamlinAV 3 4,473 12-16-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
  MMS Status Update - Lots of progress! kop316 2 5,368 12-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: kop316