Mobian Pinephone already out of stock
I missed the opportunity of getting Mobian CE because it wasn't being shipped to my country. Where would be a good place to look for people wishing to resell it or maybe get some undelivered or returned one that Pine64 might have?
(02-25-2021, 06:39 AM)alontra Wrote: I missed the opportunity of getting Mobian CE because it wasn't being shipped to my country. Where would be a good place to look for people wishing to resell it or maybe get some undelivered or returned one that Pine64 might have?
PINE64 already made Pinephones available from cancelled orders and failed transactions on their online store about three weeks ago, I purchased a KDE Plasma Mobile convergence package. They were gone in a day or two.

I found out because I'm following PINE64's account on Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/web/statuses/105669937410217735

As mentioned in the February update, there's a global shortage of electronics components, so it might take months before new Pinephones are available for purchase. We'll probably get a status update on the issue in the next monthly update from PINE64.

I think the best place to look for people reselling Pinephones is this forum. You just need to be vigilant and visit daily because they tend to go fast. One was announced in this very forum section 6 days ago and sold the next day. You could also post a topic that you're looking for one. I suspect there are many Pinephones sitting unused in drawers, so you may get lucky! And maybe you could have a look at the other PINE64 communities (IRC, Discord, Matrix, Telegram & Reddit).

I already have a UBports CE Pinephone but its SD card slot is defective. In any case I found it has not enough RAM nor storage for my use, so I also purchased a mainboard upgrade for it last week when they were (again, briefly!) available. Once I make the upgrade, I'll have a spare Pinephone that I may try to resell, but it will probably take a few months before I do. I'll want to keep them both for a while to compare different OS side-by-side. Smile
I realize it sucks for people who want to get one but cannot at the moment.

In the broader sense, however, I am really encouraged that so many people actually seem to be interested in GNU/Linux phones!
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-26-2021, 01:46 AM)NormandC Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 06:39 AM)alontra Wrote: I missed the opportunity of getting Mobian CE because it wasn't being shipped to my country. Where would be a good place to look for people wishing to resell it or maybe get some undelivered or returned one that Pine64 might have?

I think the best place to look for people reselling Pinephones is this forum. You just need to be vigilant and visit daily because they tend to go fast. One was announced in this very forum section 6 days ago and sold the next day. You could also post a topic that you're looking for one. I suspect there are many Pinephones sitting unused in drawers, so you may get lucky! And maybe you could have a look at the other PINE64 communities (IRC, Discord, Matrix, Telegram & Reddit).

Thank you for the information! I'll keep an eye on this forum and the other on the other communities.
(02-27-2021, 12:27 PM)alontra Wrote:

I have played around with Linux over the years and was pretty excited about this phone.  I received it yesterday and after two full days of pulling my hair out I realize its over my head and requires a great deal more tinker time than I can afford.  I have managed to install updates, send and receive phone calls and receive text messages.

I think I will be selling my brand new KDE Community Edition phone.  I am located in New Mexico USA and would be willing to make a deal with someone in the U.S.
(03-02-2021, 10:12 PM)lael Wrote:

I have played around with Linux over the years and was pretty excited about this phone.  I received it yesterday and after two full days of pulling my hair out I realize its over my head and requires a great deal more tinker time than I can afford.  I have managed to install updates, send and receive phone calls and receive text messages.

I think I will be selling my brand new KDE Community Edition phone.  I am located in New Mexico USA and would be willing to make a deal with someone in the U.S.
Nice, thanks!

I have friends in the U.S. who could probably receive it and send or bring it to me afterwards.
Let me know if you decide to sell it. Does it have the convergence pack?

Cheers.
(03-04-2021, 06:39 AM)alontra Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:12 PM)lael Wrote:

Nice, thanks!

I have friends in the U.S. who could probably receive it and send or bring it to me afterwards.
Let me know if you decide to sell it. Does it have the convergence pack?

Cheers.
It does.  I sent a PM to you earlier.
Just chiming in to say that I'm sick of all this flashing ROM stuff onto proprietary phones like LineageOS, what I'm currently using, and I don't plan to give anymore money to companies I don't like.

Can't wait for next pre-order. Keep up the good work Pine64!
Hi, I am in UK and have a Pinephone Mobian CE convergence for sale. Received it on 1st March and used to distro-hop a bit, but realised its not for me just yet.
PM me if interested.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,067 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,521 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,477 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,598 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Mobian PIN changed after update! Mwo87 21 16,968 12-02-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Karrenbrady
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,664 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy