Pinebook Users are a nobody
(01-30-2021, 06:18 AM)leperotero Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 04:24 AM)DusXMT Wrote: Well, you have to keep in mind that Pine64 only does the hardware.  There were plans for a rockchip-based hardware upgrade, but they couldn't get the thermal dissipation sorted out - it would overheat in the small case.

I think there were plans to open new sales in November, but because of the LCD shortages, it was postponed.

As for the software, I think the pinephone and pinetab share a lot of similar architecture, so improvements in e.g. the lima graphics driver will also improve things on the pinebook.  I think the device is supported by the mainline linux kernel, so the best way to get improvements would be to directly work with upstream developers (kernel.org, the mesa project, etc.)
I don't want upgrade my Pinebook, I want can use my Pinebook. I know that Pine64 only does the hardware, but hardware must be done with criteria. For example, if I put speakers in a laptop, I want hear something with It. Or if I put a HDMI output, I want conect a external monitor.

Also, in this thread you can see how the development of the Pinephone kernel has replaced the Pinebook kernel and when replacing the LCD drivers the screen on the Pinebook has stopped working. Yet another example of poor hardware development.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15177-bu...-pinebook/

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
What you say is correct cross the board, apparently.  Out of sight, out of mind, rather like children let loose in a toy store-- no discipline.
 while(!(succeed=try()));
(08-29-2022, 07:38 AM)commiecam Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 06:18 AM)leperotero Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 04:24 AM)DusXMT Wrote: Well, you have to keep in mind that Pine64 only does the hardware.  There were plans for a rockchip-based hardware upgrade, but they couldn't get the thermal dissipation sorted out - it would overheat in the small case.

I think there were plans to open new sales in November, but because of the LCD shortages, it was postponed.

As for the software, I think the pinephone and pinetab share a lot of similar architecture, so improvements in e.g. the lima graphics driver will also improve things on the pinebook.  I think the device is supported by the mainline linux kernel, so the best way to get improvements would be to directly work with upstream developers (kernel.org, the mesa project, etc.)
I don't want upgrade my Pinebook, I want can use my Pinebook. I know that Pine64 only does the hardware, but hardware must be done with criteria. For example, if I put speakers in a laptop, I want hear something with It. Or if I put a HDMI output, I want conect a external monitor.

Also, in this thread you can see how the development of the Pinephone kernel has replaced the Pinebook kernel and when replacing the LCD drivers the screen on the Pinebook has stopped working. Yet another example of poor hardware development.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/15177-bu...-pinebook/

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
What you say is correct cross the board, apparently.  Out of sight, out of mind, rather like children let loose in a toy store-- no discipline.

Yeah... no, I hadn't been privy to some interesting information...

https://blog.brixit.nl/why-i-left-pine64/

But to be honest,  when some legitimately thinks they should be correcting someone like me when their username is "commiecam"

Nevermind, I think I might have been wrong...

Straight up surprise... for the reasons I said below your last comment here, which is after this one...

:/
"Commiecam" is a not quite comic referral to the fact that I own and use great deal of Russian/Ukrainian and former East Bloc photo equipment. Curiously, their gear is almost all simple, solid, well thought out, and tough. Also, they made some of the best optics I've ever used. After the FSU fell apart, I was able to luxuriously equip myself, at minimal cost, with enough gear from subminiature to large format, to easily last me the rest of my life for about the cost of one Hasselblad. Am I some sort of a fool? I don't think so. Ask the British Royal Photographic Society, who in 1993 awarded me an earned Licentiate Distinction for the quality of my work.
 while(!(succeed=try()));
(08-30-2022, 05:01 AM)commiecam Wrote: "Commiecam" is a not quite comic referral to the fact that I own and use great deal of Russian/Ukrainian and former East Bloc photo equipment.  Curiously, their gear is almost all simple, solid, well thought out, and tough.  Also, they made some of the best optics I've ever used.  After the FSU fell apart, I was able to luxuriously equip myself, at minimal cost, with enough gear from subminiature to large format, to easily last me the rest of my life for about the cost of one Hasselblad.  Am I some sort of a fool?  I don't think so. Ask the British Royal Photographic Society, who in 1993 awarded me an earned Licentiate Distinction for the quality of my  work.

Ah... I had thought you were a right winger using that name as a joke on trolling anyone who isn't a trump supporter or something insane/nazi-like to that extent.. seen many a person on social media websites and even forums who do this to troll "left wingers" particularly ones who are perceived as extreme despite how far to the right america has gone, or possibly more...

Glad to know that I was wrong about you...

So ironic though, given the nuttiness of 2016+

Meh, I guess I will delete my last comment, regarding my troll licensing nonsense isn't needed here. Decided instead to make a bunch of modifications...

peace...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,181 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 900 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,220 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 945 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,577 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,448 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,641 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,543 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR
  TOR Browser on the Pinebook Pro jay3gg 0 2,959 11-16-2020, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jay3gg
  Pinebook doesn't charge anymore Reinoud 4 7,983 11-15-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: pagesix1536