Android 64gig run smooth
Hey,
I saw some people with problems with Android.
It took me forever to figure out how to setup the sd. (On Mac)
I finally got it setup using Windows. The Phoenix one was very jerky and slow. I use the dd 64gig version and now it's smooth.
I played through the network 1080p videos with mkv container through kodi and no jerking.
I will be bitstreaming but working on the room it's going in right now.

I do get a weird cannot connect to server when trying to dl a benchmark. Coming out of standby required me to unplug and restart it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hi, have you tried the pine with audio receiver plug in? And with pass through switched to enable?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
(06-08-2016, 09:48 AM)Moshe.Vazan Wrote: Hi, have you tried the pine with audio receiver plug in? And with pass through switched to enable?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Not yet I will soon

(06-07-2016, 07:09 PM)Ian_Hobson Wrote: Hey,
I finally got it setup using Windows. The Phoenix one was very jerky and slow. I use the dd 64gig version and now it's smooth.
I played through the network 1080p videos with mkv container through kodi and no jerking.

I do get a weird cannot connect to server when trying to dl a benchmark. Coming out of standby required me to unplug and restart it.

Ian,

May I ask how you got to stream 1080p material through Kodi? I suppose you mean streaming over the internet and not locally.

I can play up to 720p but 1080p is either choppy (pixelates) or cuts off for buffering every few seconds. Haven't figured if this is HW related or happens due to the issue with GBe but 1080p through Kodi is unwatchable for me atm.
(06-09-2016, 06:32 PM)g_t_j Wrote:

Ian,

May I ask how you got to stream 1080p material through Kodi? I suppose you mean streaming over the internet and not locally.

I can play up to 720p but 1080p is either choppy (pixelates) or cuts off for buffering every few seconds. Haven't figured if this is HW related or happens due to the issue with GBe but 1080p through Kodi is unwatchable for me atm.
I am streaming through my personal network. Gigabit LAN cat6 through es explorer app to connect to shared folder. I normally run Emby but my server CPU fan ***t the bed.

(06-09-2016, 07:01 PM)Ian_Hobson Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 06:32 PM)g_t_j Wrote:

Ian,

I am streaming through my personal network. Gigabit LAN cat6 through es explorer app to connect to shared folder. I normally run Emby but my server CPU fan ***t the bed.

Oh, I see. I was hoping it was streaming over the internet.

I also have GB LAN in my setup and use highest quality Cat7 cables. I'm quite picky with stuff like this.
I'm still on the fence whether it is a HW limitation or internet speed being the bottleneck in my case.

Thanks anyway.
Hmmm what size is your sd card? Is the buffer big enough? I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. I'm drywalling and finishing a room so all my time is dedicated to that right now.
Does Netflix show in 1080p?

(06-09-2016, 07:11 PM)Ian_Hobson Wrote: Hmmm what size is your sd card? Is the buffer big enough? I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. I'm drywalling and finishing a room so all my time is dedicated to that right now.

I have tried 2 different Sandisk Extremes U3, 16GB. I haven't tried a bigger one but I might give a 64GB a go tomorrow.

Haven't tried Netflix yet. Just Kodi. I also haven't played with it as much so far as for the time being I spend my time to set up my boards to work as CCTV servers. However, I'm definitely interested in building a media center that will run Kodi smoothly and be capable of streaming FHD content.
(06-09-2016, 07:21 PM)g_t_j Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 07:11 PM)Ian_Hobson Wrote: Hmmm what size is your sd card? Is the buffer big enough? I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. I'm drywalling and finishing a room so all my time is dedicated to that right now.

I have tried 2 different Sandisk Extremes U3, 16GB. I haven't tried a bigger one but I might give a 64GB a go tomorrow.

Haven't tried Netflix yet. Just Kodi. I also haven't played with it as much so far as for the time being I spend my time to set up my boards to work as CCTV servers. However, I'm definitely interested in building a media center that will run Kodi smoothly and be capable of streaming FHD content.
Sounds good. I did use the 64gig image because the other one (Phoenix I think). Was very laggy on Android even after I turned off the animations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,744 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Linux and Android unstable and stand still regularly AES 3 4,863 10-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Last Post: panoflex
  Rooted Android and LCD JoeHz 3 5,110 09-20-2016, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Rooted Android LCD 64GB Image modsbyus 3 5,022 09-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: echild
  Just got my +2g up and going running Android Max_power 0 1,682 06-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Max_power
  Android and Linux BSP 1.2 Available for download ssvb 2 4,376 02-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: khgoh