SIM Card Install
Hello, I have a ATT nano sim card and have the micro adapter. I have tried several times to insert the sim card into my PinePhone 64 with no success. I have searched online to see if there is something I am doing wrong.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
(01-18-2021, 04:23 PM)pineme Wrote: Hello, I have a ATT nano sim card and have the micro adapter. I have tried several times to insert the sim card into my PinePhone 64 with no success. I have searched online to see if there is something I am doing wrong.

Thank you!
You are putting the sim in the bottom slot correct?
(01-18-2021, 04:23 PM)pineme Wrote: Hello, I have a ATT nano sim card and have the micro adapter. I have tried several times to insert the sim card into my PinePhone 64 with no success. I have searched online to see if there is something I am doing wrong.

Thank you!
You need to set up the APN manually.

A few months ago when I got a Pinephone, I was struggling to get my Softbank USIM to work on it, in the end it turned out that Softbank only supports Android and iOS (and garake (aka flip phone), but they're running degoogled Android anyway).
And somebody else here sent me a DM explaining that they had the same problem with ATT, but TracFone and PureTalk worked fine.
Likewise for me, Rakuten Mobile was the one that worked.

So the problem might be more related to ATT rather than the USIM or the phone.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I have the same problem with the sim card! The provided adapter does not work with my Team Mobile nano-sim. I've watched several YouTube videos where the nano sim card in the supplied adapter is put in the lower slot. The problem for me is that the adapter tray will only accept the sim card in such a way that the sim card is on the bottom and falls out or is a teensy bit off. This problem is crazy! Yes, I believe I am following directions!

One workaround I thought of is using a Voice over internet provider and skipping the sim card. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have a recommended Voice internet provider? I have a Zoom Pro license. I have heard of the Zoom phone, which I believe uses Voice over the internet. I wonder what the community thinks about this option or has any recommendations. 

I will experiment and report back. My Pinephone 64 arrived today, and I am itching to set it up and use it!
(06-09-2022, 11:57 PM)suzanneloeb Wrote: I have the same problem with the sim card! The provided adapter does not work with my Team Mobile nano-sim. I've watched several YouTube videos where the nano sim card in the supplied adapter is put in the lower slot. The problem for me is that the adapter tray will only accept the sim card in such a way that the sim card is on the bottom and falls out or is a teensy bit off. This problem is crazy! Yes, I believe I am following directions!

One workaround I thought of is using a Voice over internet provider and skipping the sim card. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have a recommended Voice internet provider? I have a Zoom Pro license. I have heard of the Zoom phone, which I believe uses Voice over the internet. I wonder what the community thinks about this option or has any recommendations. 

I will experiment and report back. My Pinephone 64 arrived today, and I am itching to set it up and use it!
Any cellphone store, walmart, etc., can provide you another sim adapter. Do not put your sim in the phone without it, or you can short/break your sim card and phone.

I recommend Jmp.chat as your voip provider. Jmp.chat is easy to set up, can use either sip or xmpp. But, will only be useful when you are around WiFi - unless you get your sim tray problem fixed, thus negating the need for it anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 171 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 791 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  SD Card has wrong capacity AndyM 11 2,127 06-11-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  Device Unable To Read MicroSD Card _radv_ 19 5,683 02-18-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: _radv_
  SIM Card Slot Terror thismarty 4 1,364 12-21-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: thismarty
  MicroSD Card Reuse _radv_ 5 1,871 12-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: chainingsolid
  Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card _radv_ 3 1,307 11-23-2022, 05:19 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  How to install fbkeyboard on PostmarketOS? Ulfnic 1 1,053 09-12-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Ulfnic
  My Pine doesn't allow me to install to eMMC on different OS's Kimberley van Buyten 1 1,297 05-31-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  "KB151 was not detected on bus" after failed package install matthew_exon 3 2,197 03-11-2022, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Danct12