Manjaro img doesn't survive most recent updates
Shamefully, it's been months since I've booted my PineTab. However, I opted to change that last night. Unfortunately, all my SD installs (Arch, Manjaro, and Sailfish) refused to boot. Sad

I got Arch resolved (wrote latest img to SD and updated.) Sailfish I'll come back to (with questions.) Which brings me to Manjaro. I wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Once i flash an SD with the Manjaro PineTab dev img, I can get pacman to update the keyrings, but after that I hit an inevitable "crash-and-burn."

After the keyrings are updated, pacman checks for and finds the latest updates from Manjaro's repo. I know there's been plenty of changes since the img was originally released, so I tend to run them in a tty. However, it never survives the full upgrade. Each time I attempt the upgrades through tty (~3 and counting) right around the update of the kernel (to 5.10) the tab is cutting off. Screen and backlight keyboard go off, until I hold the power button. Obviously, when it comes on and does what one might expect after an incomplete kernel upgrade: nothing.

I just got my PBP dock, so I'm going to yank this SD out and try to chroot and fix it from the Manjaro install there. (I'm not done yet!) Got it mounted, but pacman reports there's nothing to do. Guess that wasn't it. crap. Trying again with a fresh install of the img, just after first boot. It updating everything successfully through chroot, but now the tab refuses to boot from the SD with Manjaro on it.

Before I raise flags over on Manjaro's forums, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone else has experienced an issue like this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,769 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  No desktop after latest updates (Jun 16, 2023) rqkeating 5 1,671 06-21-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: rqkeating