Audio Stops Working
Any music or podcast I play from any player (including Podcast app) cuts out every 10 - 15 seconds.

Most players just give up on the first cut out.

SMPlayer will keep trying. It cuts out and then skips back a second and then keeps playing until the next cut out.

I discovered that if I connect Bluetooth that Bluetooth will disconnect along with the first cut out.

I had previously started a thread about Bluetooth issues, but I deleted it because I think this is closer to the problem I am having.

I also noticed that Lollypop says:

gst-plugins-good ext/pulse/pulsesink.c
gst_pulseringbuffer_commit()
/gstplaybin:player/gstplaysink:playsink/playsink/GSTBi.... 

No issues with calls.
If this is always happening with BT, it's possible you have some issue with the quality settings in pulse audio.

Checking this blog out: https://kn100.me/improving-bluetooth-audio-linux/

Specifically, you want to run your audio at the _worst_ quality that is still audibly reasonable to listen to - this gives you the best range, least CPU load, most robustness to external noise/interference, etc.

And the reason you wouldn't have problems with calls is because phone network audio is highly compressed, so you're not going to eat up the data buffer.
(01-13-2021, 11:06 AM)barray Wrote: If this is always happening with BT, it's possible you have some issue with the quality settings in pulse audio.

Checking this blog out: https://kn100.me/improving-bluetooth-audio-linux/

Specifically, you want to run your audio at the _worst_ quality that is still audibly reasonable to listen to - this gives you the best range, least CPU load, most robustness to external noise/interference, etc.

And the reason you wouldn't have problems with calls is because phone network audio is highly compressed, so you're not going to eat up the data buffer.

Thank you!

This would include regular playback on the device without Bluetooth?
(01-13-2021, 01:16 PM)Shane Wrote: Thank you!

This would include regular playback on the device without Bluetooth?

No... That article is specifically for bluetooth.

Pulse handles a lot more than just bluetooth though, but if you're having a buffer problems with audio for your wired headphones then you have bigger problems, as it would suggest you're running out of resources somewhere.

In which case, I would recommend experimentation playing a series of files with different encodings and bit rates to see if you can nail where the problem begins.
I have the same issue. Lollypop and Gnome-Podcasts don't last more than a few seconds before they cut out with or without bluetooth. I did another test where I was able to play the streamed audio files (at least until Chromium crashes) in Chromium. The streamed audio in Chromium works both through the phone speakers and Bluetooth. Hopefully this information was helpful.
This one seems related:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/i.../issues/89

I'm kinda surprised to find bug reports and issues here on the pine64 Forums. IMO they should all belong in the appropriate bug trackers and distro forums

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard case stopped working on pacman update rotwang 5 3,010 05-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Calls & SMS stopped working Schugy 3 2,289 12-28-2021, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Schugy
  Phone goes to sleep whilst audio playing new2pinephone 0 1,291 12-22-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: new2pinephone
  No incoming SMS. Outgoing SMS, calls and data working. HardwarePunk 3 2,930 11-20-2021, 12:53 AM
Last Post: HardwarePunk
  Ctrl-O on virtual keyboard not working in nano PJK2012 3 3,047 11-11-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: PJK2012
  After fresh install outbound phone calls not working. tckosvic 2 2,259 11-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tckosvic
  Installed Sim phone not working kmk7x 3 2,592 10-24-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Music stops playing when screen goes off and session gets suspended jojuma 2 2,243 10-24-2021, 03:04 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Help Getting MMS Working on Manjaro Nightly Build 0x070 0 1,191 10-17-2021, 04:44 PM
Last Post: 0x070
  No mobile data working itwurketnet 3 2,415 10-14-2021, 09:04 AM
Last Post: itwurketnet