Pinephone back plate / case idea for switches
Question 
I am interested in purchasing a pinephone but the one thing holding me back is the dip switch location.

My idea at first was to cut out the back place to have easier access but the switches are tiny, so I cam up with a newer idea.

Why not make a back plate or case that not only allows access to the kill switches, but also enlarges them so it is more practical and convenient? Yes of course the back would stick out more but it is something we could get used to by necessity? 

Maybe this is easier said then done but I would love to have this option. Thoughts?
I have been thinking about something similar. I think one problem might be that the switches are really close to each other. I still don't think this would be impossible. If I had a 3d printer I would try making this.
(01-10-2021, 02:04 AM)bartaco Wrote: I am interested in purchasing a pinephone but the one thing holding me back is the dip switch location.

My idea at first was to cut out the back place to have easier access but the switches are tiny, so I cam up with a newer idea.

Why not make a back plate or case that not only allows access to the kill switches, but also enlarges them so it is more practical and convenient? Yes of course the back would stick out more but it is something we could get used to by necessity? 

Maybe this is easier said then done but I would love to have this option. Thoughts?
What if you accidentally glide over the switches while the phone is in your pocket?(白目)
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I'd be happy with a back cover that has a window that opens to expose the switches, with a tool attached to the inside of the window for use on the switches.

OR

Perhaps a single switch that slides side to side over the dip switches, clicking into place above each switch; the switch can be pushed up and down, springs return it to center. A locking mechanism to prevent pocket activations.
I would be worried about dust and pocket lint. I have never had an issue taking off a cell phone case, obviously the small switches are less than Ideal, but at least you have options for set up!
I like this idea a lot.  Maybe a little door that either slides to reveal the switches or hinges and snaps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slip/Zippered Case for PP/KB? jakfish 0 164 03-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,207 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 520 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  Case for Pinephone totilele 12 6,517 11-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Negome
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 7,901 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 392 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 447 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Use the Linux Console with the PinePhone Keyboard mburns 2 903 10-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Getting all keys working on pine phone keyboard-case undata 5 2,305 10-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Mouse for the PinePhone? Peter Gamma 21 14,621 10-04-2023, 10:24 AM