PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
Got mine on thuesday THANK YOU! (Location Poland)
IMPORT DUTY/TAX PAYMENT IS OUTSTANDING - LAST REMINDER
Payment of import duty/tax and clearance fees are still outstanding on your DHL Express shipment with waybill number xxxxxxx from PINE STORE LIMITE
Your urgent attention is required to avoid any further impact on delivery. Please immediately repay us this amount securely online. Click here to pay, view the calculation and download the

Tuesday, February 02, 2021Service AreaTimePiece3Returned to shipperHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA12:00Monday, February 01, 2021Service AreaTimePiece2Shipment on holdHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA23:591Shipment picked upHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA15:24

no pine store information why it is returned from dhl?
Quand vous aller le renvoyer et avec un nouveau numéro de suivi si non je paye les taxes si vous changer de nouveau le numéros et dhl mon dit de payer les frais quand le colis sera dans mon pays

When are you going to send it back with a new tracking number? if not I pay the taxes if you change the numbers again and dhl tell me to pay the fees when the package is in my country
(02-02-2021, 10:54 AM)HollowTraveler Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 07:15 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 12:59 PM)HollowTraveler Wrote: Hey guys, my KDE CE is being shipped through USPS (to Chicago suburbs). The tracking says a label was created in a town that is very close to me on 1/23, but has not updated since. I have not received a second confirmation email, what do you make of this?
Because of the Covid 19 Chinese postal shipping restrictions to the US, the Chinese post seems to be using third party courier services, some type of mule service that gets them at customs and mules them all across the US and deposits them in the postal system near you. These mule services often show up in your tracking as as in possession of "USPS Shipping partner" or "Non-USPS distribution service" or in some tracking apps by the company name "Last Mile Carrier" and on route to the USPS postal service telling you a label has been created, the item is not in the hands of USPS but is on its way. They seem to use the Chinese post to update the tracking. The tracking systems work together.
I'm just worried because I have essentially no tracking info compared to the people who posted their updates or tracking number.To my eye nothing is happening, as if the box fell between a conveyor belt and wall. Maybe it's just an American problem?

https://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=42...8875194907 

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAc...8875194907
w00t My local post office now has the tracking updated to "Available for Pickup"
Is there a timeline for re-sending the phones that were returned by DHL a second time (as ref'd in this tweet)?
(02-03-2021, 03:42 PM)gunt0p Wrote: Is there a timeline for re-sending the phones that were returned by DHL a second time (as ref'd in this tweet)?

I'd like to know this as well. Particularly with Chinese New Year around the corner. I was hoping to have mine by the end of January, and now it looks like I won't have it until the end of February, or even later.
I don't mean to complain. I have read the updated original message, but it doesn't really cover my situation.
I ordered the KDE Community Edition on December 5th. I got a notification that it was shipping on January 20th. Then DHL returned it to Pine. Since then the original message has been updated to say that all returned phones have been processed again, however I haven't had a new shipping message from Pine or DHL. I am happy to wait, but I'm not sure anything is actually happening to my order. I will keep checking this thread for updates, and I will post my own update here if anything happens.
Thank you.
Took delivery of my Pinephone at 1600 (GMT -6) Wednesday at a DHL agent near me. Florida USA.

Thanks to everyone involved for making it happen.
(02-03-2021, 08:33 PM)irongarment Wrote: I don't mean to complain. I have read the updated original message, but it doesn't really cover my situation.
I ordered the KDE Community Edition on December 5th. I got a notification that it was shipping on January 20th. Then DHL returned it to Pine. Since then the original message has been updated to say that all returned phones have been processed again, however I haven't had a new shipping message from Pine or DHL. I am happy to wait, but I'm not sure anything is actually happening to my order. I will keep checking this thread for updates, and I will post my own update here if anything happens.
Thank you.
I waited a bit before I would contact my bank for a chargeback and it seems like the third tracking number DHL issued to me has made it to their sorting facility. I'll take that as a good sign.
It arrived this morning!

I had not received an email with a new tracking number, but the label did have a new number, and looks like it was printed on 28 January. I have it 12 days later in New Zealand.

Thanks to everyone who designed, built, packed, and shipped this device to me. It's an interesting and exciting thing to be part of.
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,240 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,526 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,876 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,514 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,821 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,298 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,601 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 168,205 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,477 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,116 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo